Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.15.4 LTS Release Now Available As Open-Source

Phoronix: Qt 5.15.4 LTS Release Now Available As Open-Source

Back in March marked the release of Qt 5.15.3 as open-source, one year after it was released to commercial customers of The Qt Company. Today a similar Qt 5.15.4 open-source release is now available, one year after its commercial release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I did not take it that way, they just pointed out some pitfalls with open source code. As a developer it might be easy to dismiss this claim, but a company's management may weigh things differently.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post
      I did not take it that way, they just pointed out some pitfalls with open source code. As a developer it might be easy to dismiss this claim, but a company's management may weigh things differently.
      100% agreement. So many times people don't realize that if you do include a 3rd party component and there is no support for that component then the weight falls right back onto you. The whole log4j fiasco is a perfect example of this.

Comment

I'm looking forward to that monitor turning off bug being fixed that hangs Qt applications in KWin Wayland session.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          I'm looking forward to that monitor turning off bug being fixed that hangs Qt applications in KWin Wayland session.
          if you're able to reproduce it, file a bug report.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post

Already filed for KWin, no one was able to fix it so far: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=450679

Comment

Already filed for KWin, no one was able to fix it so far: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=450679
              I experienced that bug on Arch in the ~4 weeks that I was using it in March/April of this year, but now I'm on openSUSE Tumbleweed and I can't reproduce it anymore. Come to think of it: before Arch, I was on Void, but couldn't reproduce it either. Same exact KDE version on all three distros. So it seems to me like it's an Arch-specific bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I experienced that bug on Arch in the ~4 weeks that I was using it in March/April of this year, but now I'm on openSUSE Tumbleweed and I can't reproduce it anymore. Come to think of it: before Arch, I was on Void, but couldn't reproduce it either. Same exact KDE version on all three distros. So it seems to me like it's an Arch-specific bug.
                I'm getting in Debian. It would be weird for it to be distro specific. Was Qt version the same for you?

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post

Report a problem and wait one year after for the solution lol.

Comment

It looks like it was fixed on my end after the Qt 5.15.3 update (I think), as I indicated in this other bug report: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=448275
                    I can't test it again at the moment as I'm on a different PC with a different desktop environment.

Comment

Working...
                    X