Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine-Staging 7.8 Improves Alt+Tab Handling For Unity Games

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wine-Staging 7.8 Improves Alt+Tab Handling For Unity Games

    Phoronix: Wine-Staging 7.8 Improves Alt+Tab Handling For Unity Games

    It's been a while since there was last a Wine-Staging update with notable new patches added for this experimental version of Wine. But with today's Wine-Staging 7.8 release based off yesterday's Wine 7.8 there is a new patch worth mentioning as well as updates to some of the existing patches...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ne-Staging-7.8

  • #2
    they sure move fast. only 3 years to implement that one line patch.

    Comment


    • #3
      Unity? This is very exciting.

      Comment


      • #4
        Used following workaround for Unity games, didn't notice any downsides.
        Code:
        wine reg ADD 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\X11 Driver' /v UseTakeFocus /d 'N' /f
        I am happy proper fix at least managed to get into staging.

        Comment


        • #5
          in my case solve alt+tab input issues with some unity games:



          Comment


          • #6
            With PE conversions coming along for the X11 driver in 7.8, I hope they soon feel ready to pull in the Wayland driver
            https://linuxstoney.com/wine-wayland-7-7-released/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by staalmannen View Post
              With PE conversions coming along for the X11 driver in 7.8, I hope they soon feel ready to pull in the Wayland driver
              https://linuxstoney.com/wine-wayland-7-7-released/
              This is release of previous Wine Wayland driver that doesn't support GDI or OpenGL and is mostly focused on full screen games. This driver is unlikely to be merged. There is another Wayland driver from Collabora dev that is more feature comparable with X11 driver and this is likely to be merged but sadly after end of 2021 there wasn't any updates about it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dragon321 View Post

                This is release of previous Wine Wayland driver that doesn't support GDI or OpenGL and is mostly focused on full screen games. This driver is unlikely to be merged. There is another Wayland driver from Collabora dev that is more feature comparable with X11 driver and this is likely to be merged but sadly after end of 2021 there wasn't any updates about it.
                Oh I thought this was the Collabora driver and I remember the e-mail thread basically saying "now is not a good time because we are changing the drivers for PE"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by staalmannen View Post

                  Oh I thought this was the Collabora driver and I remember the e-mail thread basically saying "now is not a good time because we are changing the drivers for PE"
                  I believe that there was an idea to merge new driver into Wine Staging first. As far i know it's still doesn't provide all features that X11 driver provides and probably won't provide without additional interfaces for Wayland protocol. Still many features are working so I hope it will be merged even into Wine Staging soon.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Is this the problem where if the screen loses focus, returning the window will bring functioning graphics but no UI or keyboard control. It is very annoying to close an application that allows progression but no potential to save.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X