Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Begins Shifting Focus To Fixing Bugs For Plasma 5.25

Phoronix: KDE Begins Shifting Focus To Fixing Bugs For Plasma 5.25

KDE Plasma 5.25 has embarked on its soft feature freeze meaning the focus is quickly turning from feature development to bug fixing and testing for this next KDE desktop update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I approve! (For what that's worth . . .) The race to provide new features (that few need or want) seems really strong among companies, whereas often their features are good enough already, and I'd much rather see them refining what they already have. Kudos to KDE for making the right decision!

Comment

And here I am wondering when is SDDM 0.20 gonna be released? Its git seems dead... I guess KDE should just switch to GDM for proper wayland support.
      Last edited by RejectModernity; 07 May 2022, 08:20 AM.

Comment

About SDDM, most of commits are being done there:
        QML based X11 and Wayland display manager. Contribute to sddm/sddm development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Agree about SDDM. KDE project should either take control or bring back KDM.

Comment

theres too many features already on the ui. they should focus on stability. every now and then stuff breaks for me on manjaro stable. also i think the composition is heavy on the gpu (with the default rendering settings). maybe that could use some love.

Comment

I hope that one day they will be able to bring HDR support!
              At least for sending the HDR metadata when playing movies to the monitor or TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                I hope that one day they will be able to bring HDR support!
                At least for sending the HDR metadata when playing movies to the monitor or TV.
                I'm just curious. From what I have read HDR is not supported on Linux distros. So how does Libreelec get HDR support on devices like the eminent EM7580?

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
                  I guess KDE should just switch to GDM for proper wayland support.
                  Isn't that for distros to handle?

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
                    And here I am wondering when is SDDM 0.20 gonna be released? Its git seems dead... I guess KDE should just switch to GDM for proper wayland support.
                    QML based X11 and Wayland display manager. Contribute to sddm/sddm development by creating an account on GitHub.

Doesn't look dead to me. If that's your definition of dead, then pretty much all software known to mankind is dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X