• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
    (not in the article)

Maybe this release is the one that will finally allow me to switch to Wayland. That said, even if KDE solved its own issues, other programs I use may still not work properly on Wayland.
    Yeah, my cue is when I log into Plasma and see the taskbar rendered incorrectly. If KDE's own stuff doesn't take a minute to break down, what are the chances other apps will work? When two of the biggest offenders are Chromium and Firefox, there's no point in using Wayland

Leave a comment:

• STiAT
    replied
    Originally posted by tornado99 View Post

I've found that running Teams and Slack in a separate browser tab group is a much better solution than the apps, which always lag releases and need updating. Also, much better memory wise. With the new Teams audio calling support coming this month for Firefox it should be even better.
    Yeah, the missing firefox support made me use an "app"/flatpak. I am glad I soon can get rid of that.

Leave a comment:

• ngraham
    replied
    You're welcome!

Leave a comment:

• JackLilhammers
    replied
    Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Yes, the gestures will be configurable. A UI to do so is being worked on right now.
    Great. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• ngraham
    replied
    Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
    ngraham
    It's more of a rhetorical question, but I'm asking ot anyway.
    Will it be possible to configure the gesture to open the overview effect with a three-finger swipe instead of a four-finger?
    Yes, the gestures will be configurable. A UI to do so is being worked on right now.

Leave a comment:

• JackLilhammers
    replied
    ngraham
    It's more of a rhetorical question, but I'm asking ot anyway.
    Will it be possible to configure the gesture to open the overview effect with a three-finger swipe instead of a four-finger?

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
    It could have a similar cause, but for me it's this one: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=450679

Leave a comment:

• Nth_man
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    Still waiting for that nasty crash with monitor going to sleep in Wayland session to be fixed before switching to it. That's the main deal breaker at the moment.
    Is https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=449957 ?

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Still waiting for that nasty crash with monitor going to sleep in Wayland session to be fixed before switching to it. That's the main deal breaker at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• reba
    replied
    Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
    A little bit offtopic but does Kwinft work? Manjaro officially support kwinft package but it doesn't seem to work. After login in I just get kicked back to sddm screen.
    Yeah, it does, although I haven't compiled it myself for some time now (here running on Debian bookworm/sid):

Leave a comment:

Working...
X