The Qt Company Planning For Many Qt6 Enhancements This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post
    Let's continue the situation with the fact that your neighbor, despite your requests to poop at home, continues to poop under your door.
    You won't attack him with your fists? Will you endure this abuse?
    OK, I will go this time with your comparison. There was one person on the planet I've ever touched with my fists. I felt really bad about it and i've leart myself not to do it at all. And you've described far far less annoying situation than I was against. It was situation of mental illness and alcohol, repeating over and over week after week, verbal abuse etc, with almost no perspective to change. Well, that has changed, In my case talking to sb who i met via internet helped me to change situation with no money talking to me for like 5 years via internet. I've never seen him live. And I really feel how lucky I was that it could happen to me, but there are so many people who didn't have such luck. I've developed empathy in myself. I've changed place where I live. I know exactly how to feel abuse. And I know it may change. And no, that's the thing i wouldn't do. Never. 100%. Maybe to rescue sb from oppressor. And that's who I am.

In case you've missed I've responded in another topic where you were "inviting journalists":
    https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...e6#post1313133
    I hope you're not recruited to KGB. You often say "we". Who are "we"? Legion? You really want to identify with that "we"?

Originally posted by h0tc0d3 View Post
    Now let's go back to 2007, when Russia asked everyone not to create tension on its borders, and asked to sign new security treaties for everyone in Europe.
    So in such a simple way it was proved that you are a hypocrite.
    You have advantage over me in this subject as I have no idea what you are referring to. Somebody else would say something better.
    Last edited by ququk; 07 March 2022, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ququk View Post
      NATO is defensive coalition...
      Right… and all those Russians in Ukraine is just a “military operation”, so I guess everything is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ireri View Post

Right… and all those Russians in Ukraine is just a “military operation”, so I guess everything is fine.
        People want to defend from aggression and should be able to. West has reasons to be worried that Ukraine is just a step to exploit other territories, if war based on false accusations is successful, we cannot wait until next countries will be anexed. The repeat from Nazi Germany should not happen again. The propaganda says Russia is the only innocent country in the world, and it always defends or rescues. That thinking is dangerous. It must change, because this is the only way to be a bit humble, not only force others to follow what Russia wants, because everything belongs to Russia. In this matter it must change. That's natural step. Other countries should be your partners, not subjects of exploitation. When you have win-win situation. Currently in relations with Russia it can't be win-win situation. It has to be win-loose, as authorities want to feed ego, with sick satisfaction that sb else suffers because of me.
        How to be creditable bussiness partner in that environment? It's 21st century, things has changed a lot.
        Last edited by ququk; 07 March 2022, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Wait, wasn't this thread about Qt6?

Comment

... we cannot wait until next countries will be anexed...
            You hit the nail here, that's what Russia thought.

Other countries should be your partners, not subjects of exploitation.
            Totally agree to this feeling. Nonetheless, this certainly is not reality, just ask any developing country that does business with Europe or the States. If you look for reputable data (universities and independent media, for example), I guarantee that you will find that they do not have anything close to a symmetrical relationship, the balance will always be skewed against the developing country.

It's 21st century, alright, but things haven't changed one bit.

About propaganda, I can not affirm or deny anything about that, as I reside very far from Russia and my country is not part of NATO, so regarding this conflict I'm not that exposed to any one side's propaganda as much as people from those blocks may be.
            Last edited by ireri; 08 March 2022, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

People keep forgetting that the west is not a democracy either. USA had election fraud in plain sight,
              Here in the Netherlands too. 4 years ago in the municipality elections, the city of Nijmegen had printed way too few voting ballots, even though they knew for some time that a big number of people would come to vote. Because of this, a lot of citizens couldn't cast their vote. So by not letting those people vote, they took away fundamental rights, meaning the election was kind of a fraud, at least in that city.
              And 4 years before that in the city of Almere, voting booths closed one hour earlier than they were supposed to, so quite a few people who wanted to vote after coming home from work couldn't vote. And even after closing early, the biggest booth in the city miscounted the votes that were cast by deliberately skipping some of the ballots in plain sight (!) (there were a lot of witnesses, including a reporter of the regional tv station) and they said they didn't want to recount. If it wasn't for pressure from local media, they would've gotten away with such fraud. Frickin' buffoons.

And that's only the tip of the iceberg - there have been more cases like this over the years.
              Last edited by Vistaus; 08 March 2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

You hit the nail here, that's what Russia thought.
                I reacted like that because I don't trust these Russian authorities at all. People are poisoned outside Russia, there are still camps, political prisoners, they were gulags in Soviet Union. Massive murders of their own people. So those who survived where those not that brave. Their elites didn't learn anything to make citizens better, they were and are focused on how not to loose power, using any method. For them end justify the means.

That's not comparable with civilized countries where there is respect for human rights. Dictators despise human rights. In the preamble to Universal Declaration of Human Rights created after WWII you can read:

Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,
                Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,
                Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,
                Whereas it is essential to promote the development of friendly relations between nations,
                Whereas the peoples of the United Nations have in the Charter reaffirmed their faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person and in the equal rights of men and women and have determined to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,
                Whereas Member States have pledged themselves to achieve, in co-operation with the United Nations, the promotion of universal respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms,
                Whereas a common understanding of these rights and freedoms is of the greatest importance for the full realization of this pledge,
                Now, therefore,
                The General Assembly,
                Proclaims this Universal Declaration of Human Rights as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the peoples of Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.
                After WWII Japans where shocked when they surrendered and were not treated badly. That's what civilized people would do. West Germany grown economically, with demilitarization, too.

Totally agree to this feeling. Nonetheless, this certainly is not reality, just ask any developing country that does business with Europe or the States. If you look for reputable data (universities and independent media, for example), I guarantee that you will find that they do not have anything close to a symmetrical relationship, the balance will always be skewed against the developing country.

It's 21st century, alright, but things haven't changed one bit.
                Yeah, it looks like world works like that - you first need to develop economy, then you get respected, and can negotiate things. I mean economy, not brutal force. That should be task for every country - grow and develop, not put tanks out of the border and destroy. And it's easier when you are close to another strong economy with which you can trade.

About propaganda, I can not affirm or deny anything about that, as I reside very far from Russia and my country is not part of NATO, so regarding this conflict I'm not that exposed to any one side's propaganda as much as people from those blocks may be.
                I don't believe truth is in the middle when sb is fabricating claims, is in full denial when get caught, is actually overreacting all the time, so is not creditable. There shoudn't be compromises with these types of people. I don't care about what murderers think in the prison about what they did. I'm sure they have opinions, too. Maybe rapes were justified and we should consider that. I don't think so. And prisons should exist. That's how the world works. But it should not be political prisoners, that's insane.
                Last edited by ququk; 08 March 2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeioth View Post
                  If they fix QT_SCALE_FACTOR on multi-display I don't need anything else. Not having this break every QT application GUI.
                  What do you mean? Doesn't it already scale up up and down window size and widget scale according to monitor DPI? It needs an env var ("QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1.") to enable it, but fsom what I understand it's worng pretty well: http://wok.oblomov.eu/tecnologia/mix...1/#therandrway

I'll need to iestall Wireshark again to test this mysejf...

Comment

Working...
                  X