KDE Activity Lower This Week As Impact From The Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
    Correction, Ukraine wanting to join NATO is the the trigger of the war and that is an assumption since no one can read Putin's mind and he is the one commanding everything.
    Given that Ukraine said "OK, we'll give up on joining NATO" before Russia invaded, that's questionable. It could also just be an excuse Putin was giving for an invasion he wanted to do anyway. See, for example, his claims that Ukraine was never a legitimate country cited in this Yahoo News article.

According to polls this has also bumped support for Finland joining NATO up above the 50% + 1 line and, while Sweden is still down at 43%, it's also caused a bump for them.

Comment

Correction, Ukraine wanting to join NATO is the the trigger of the war and
      The real reason for the war is the fact that Ukraine has oil and gas, with the potential to become the second biggest oil and gas supplier in Europe. Guess who is number one.

The whole NATO issue is a smokescreen. If Ukraine properly was in a position to exploited these resources, it directly impacts Russia their power. The whole Crimea and East Provinces that got taken over in 2014 are conveniently located right where 80% of those resources are. What a "coincidence".

Ukraine joining NATO means that Russia has a issue, because Ukraine joining NATO means that it will have NATO support to retake those areas. And thus open up those area's for exploitation. It has jack-shit to do with Russia being threatened by NATO but more about those in power their income being threatened.

Almost all wars have a history with resources, not the smokescreen that got presented. Its the same with WW1... Ferdinand was a excuse to start a military conflict on its neighbor ( that spiraled out of control ) and it was about natural resources.

Hell, almost every war has a conveniently resource story behind it. Iraq ... oil. Afghanistan ( US and Russians ), lots of minerals under the ground. First gulf war, oil. China's little expansion down the South China Sea ... guess what is under that sea area Take a look at the wars that get ignored... If the resources (aka profits for companies) are lacking, so is the involvement of the major powers.

since no one can read Putin's mind and he is the one commanding everything.
      Putin his mind is easy to read. Got away with Georgia, used same tactic in Ukraine 2014. Got bold in Syria. And simply expected the war in Ukraine to be a cakewalk with a quick invasion, regime change and all back to a situation he controls. Right now Putin is fuming and pissed. As a result, his soldiers got told: Do whatever, kill whoever, get it done fast because its draining Russia money ( and the larger then expected extended of Sanction did not help with that mindset ).

Will he uses Nukes on Western Countries. No. He is pissed, not mad. Will he use every weapon below a nuke in Ukraine, yes. Do not be surprised when news of "Ukrainians gas" themselves getting reported on Russia news soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Setif
        Is Phoronix trying to open another endless discussion about NATO-Russia conflict?
        Please keep politics out of technical websites.
        "Many Ukrainian KDE contributors haven't contributed over the past week or two because they are lazy slobs, preferring to focus on unimportant matters like their lives and safety. Unfortunately the speed of KDE development is affected by these selfish hoodlums. Let's hope they'll quit being lazy soon."

Comment

ngraham I was looking at the screenshot of the Firmware Security and it appears that Green is the good color and Red is the bad color...could Blue or Yellow be added for Not Supported? It seems disingenuous to label unsupported options as Red/Bad when they can't be turned Green/Good.

Tsb and Tbsp. That's some good shit right there. 100% serious.

I don't want to admit this one, but reading this week's blog I learned Ctrl+Esc. Just a hair faster than my usual method of typing out Win,K,S or the long form of Start>System>KSysGuard. I wish I wouldn't have glossed over that tidbit reading man pages in the past.

Comment

Let us all hope for peace, and remain united in our pursuit to build the finest and most humane software.
            That's a statement! No filthy virtue signaling.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzie View Post

"Many Ukrainian KDE contributors haven't contributed over the past week or two because they are lazy slobs, preferring to focus on unimportant matters like their lives and safety. Unfortunately the speed of KDE development is affected by these selfish hoodlums. Let's hope they'll quit being lazy soon."
              Another excuse on the bucketlist of reasons to throw dogshit at KDE, cos why not.

Comment

Another excuse on the bucketlist of reasons to throw dogshit at KDE, cos why not.
                You're replying in seriousness to sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

You're replying in seriousness to sarcasm.
                  I was being seriously sarcastic

Comment

I was being seriously sarcastic
                    Lol. We really need to start using Comic Sans to imply sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Bull View Post
                      That's a statement! No filthy virtue signaling.
                      Are you being serious or sarcastic?

Comment

Working...
                      X