Chrome 100 In Beta With APIs For Digital Goods, Multi-Screen Window Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
    Is this version finally going to fix all the problems on Android?
    Chrome has become utter crap on Android, as if they were slowly phasing it out.
    At this point, it´s so bad that it is an obstacle course to comment anything whether on Disqus, vBulletin or Facebook embedded (in newspapers articles) comments sections. There are all kind of weird things going on, like losing focus for no reason or copy-paste messing your whole comment formatting, or the writing being recorded but frozen until temporary switching to an other app and coming back (then it finally shows). It´s just dreadful.

And then they introduced stupid round icons at the bottom for when there are more than one tab for the same website. I have 3200 vertical pixels on a 6.8" display and it bothered the hell out of me in my reading (before I finally managed to find how to deactivate that nonsense).

How and where did it go so wrong on Android?

I don´t use it on a computer as I feel like it´s become an empty shell (fast because empty) and I often feel hindered in my browsing.
    One thing I dislike about newer Chrome versions is the fact that if there isn't an Internet connection, it displays a permanent banner at the top.
    Worst of all, there isn't any option to disable it. It's permanent.

This has been reported to Brave Android, but sadly the team just marked it as a low priority feature request.
    It probably will be centuries until they finally honor it.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

One thing I dislike about newer Chrome versions is the fact that if there isn't an Internet connection, it displays a permanent banner at the top.
      Worst of all, there isn't any option to disable it. It's permanent.

This has been reported to Brave Android, but sadly the team just marked it as a low priority feature request.
      It probably will be centuries until they finally honor it.
      I'm legitimately curious, why are you viewing websites (local HTML files?) on Android with no internet connection? That does sound like a low-priority issue. But it also sounds easy enough to patch out yourself and just push to Brave's repo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post

I'm legitimately curious, why are you viewing websites (local HTML files?) on Android with no internet connection? That does sound like a low-priority issue. But it also sounds easy enough to patch out yourself and just push to Brave's repo.
        That's not what I do. Since I am on my own Google-blocking network, the Android connection check never passes (tried to fix this problem but it still doesn't work) even though everything works fine.

While it "sounds easy enough to patch", it actually isn't.
        Besides finding what generates the banner, it's also allocating 200GB of disk space and waiting 10 hours for the thing to compile.
        Then it's hoping to see when does the Brave team merge it...

Comment

Working...
        X