Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME 42 Beta Released - Begins The UI / Feature / API Freeze, More Apps Ported To GTK4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmnscnce View Post

For what it's worth, it's been marked as ready for the last 5 days: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte..._requests/1441
    It rather won't land, as Georges stated on his stream, the underlying logic will be changed in further releases, so whole MR will be redone. That's being said, distros can ship it without an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilHowl View Post
      I didn't even know GNOME 42 would retrieve Bluetooth battery status. That's a neat addition, given that Bluetooth is seeing an increase in usage.
      Slowly catching up to KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Slowly catching up to KDE.
        I am using KDE Neon after several GNOME years and I don't miss the latter DE anymore.

Comment

It doesn't hurt to celebrate progress in a DE without making it about either your pet peeves or your chosen DE.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilHowl View Post
            I didn't even know GNOME 42 would retrieve Bluetooth battery status. That's a neat addition, given that Bluetooth is seeing an increase in usage.
            Would have been neat regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
              It doesn't hurt to celebrate progress in a DE without making it about either your pet peeves or your chosen DE.
              True, as a KDE user I keep a close eye on GNOME. I prefer KDE, but I can see why someone would prefer GNOME. Still, doesn't hurt to tease each other every now and then, as long as it remains in good spirits.

Comment

Gnome Music? Is it that stupid player that forces you to have your music collection in the home in Music?
                I really can't believe that in 2022 a simple player doesn't allow the user to choose the collection directory.

Comment

In case that someone wants to test the ISO with the beta in VirtualBox, you MUST enable EFI in the Processor tab. When it boots, it will stop in the EFI shell, and there you must type:

> fs1:
                  > cd EFI
                  > cd BOOT
                  > BOOTX64.EFI

Et voila!

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
                    It doesn't hurt to enable emoji's either, so that you can see that my post was all in good fun.

In fact, I'm a KDE user, but if it was KDE that just added that feature while GNOME or whatever DE already had it much longer, I would've teased KDE in exactly the same way. When it comes to jokes, teases and critique, I treat every DE the same.
                    Last edited by Vistaus; 22 February 2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
                      Gnome Music? Is it that stupid player that forces you to have your music collection in the home in Music?
                      I really can't believe that in 2022 a simple player doesn't allow the user to choose the collection directory.
                      Some people care more about standards than others do. I personally think we should utilize the standards better than we do. Wouldn't most people want to access their music through the well-known location anyway? I don't see the big deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X