No announcement yet.

GNOME Shell & Mutter Prepare For GNOME 42 Beta With More Desktop Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Shell & Mutter Prepare For GNOME 42 Beta With More Desktop Enhancements

Phoronix: GNOME Shell & Mutter Prepare For GNOME 42 Beta With More Desktop Enhancements

GNOME Shell and Mutter have issued their "42.beta" releases ahead of next month's GNOME 42.0 stable release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is meant by support for dark wallpapers?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      What is meant by support for dark wallpapers?
      More details at https://twitter.com/alexm_gnome/stat...lHulg57Ild47xA and PR is at https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome..._requests/1174

Comment

Gnome 42 shaping up nicely. This one is going to be quite popular.

Comment

- A redesign to the GNOME Shell Extensions.
          artworks-4myzW5CN7xtYCB0Y-XCWvEg-t500x500.jpg
          I guess I'll upgrade not sooner than a month after it rolls out, which is pity - there are many nice changes pending. Overall looks like a really decent release.

Comment

please don't break DDC again...

Comment

I've read that they will make the input more responsive by not locking it to the refresh rate. Look like isn't on the change logs. Curious.

Comment

Does Clutter api help with drag and dropping of files with Touch? The OSK keyboard changes are definitely welcome. The current OSK is awful compared to what you'd expect of your phone and even what Windows has for it's modern OSK. I personally use Improved OSK to add essential keys to the keyboard on my OneXPlayer and really wish it had double tap of shift to keep all keys upper case until I tap shift again and the overall thought put into location of various specific symbols is bad.

Comment

So when can actual users get a useful configuration program without the need of an obscure (not installed by default) 3rd party program to actually configure the shell/WM without resorting to a text editor to modify arcane knobs? *crickets*

You know... I get that many free software creators write software that scratches a particular itch. But Gnome is supported by some huge names with a lot of money behind them, yet only Canonical seems to care about their actual users and their user experience by working towards useful programs, bug fixes, and usability improvements? Why is that? Canonical seems to have figured out you need that last 5% that the Gnome people have ignored.
                  Last edited by stormcrow; 15 February 2022, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fagnerln View Post
                    I've read that they will make the input more responsive by not locking it to the refresh rate. Look like isn't on the change logs. Curious.
                    It was merged but it may have been backported to Gnome 41 already.

This merge request changes event delivery code so Wayland event delivery and MetaDisplay-level event management (i.e. everything that happens before deciding whether to let Clutter handle the event)...

Comment

Working...
                    X