Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gbcox
    replied
    Regarding plasma wayland, why is there still an issue with the titlebar icons... i.e. why do some wayland applications display their correct icons, yet others display the wayland default?

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Does that mean Yakuake also supports these graphics then, given that it's powered by Konsole or at least because it shares the same profiles?

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    I was testing the latest packages and it looks like the infamous clipboard bugs are gone. That was basically my biggest complain about Wayland in KDE.

The only thing that can notice are some games that have mouse pointer bugs, like American/Euro Truck Simulator. The pointer starts to jump around when you move it inside the game. Not sure if that is a problem with KDE Wayland exclusively or if it affects other desktop environments.

Leave a comment:

• mirmirmir
    replied
    KDE 6 lets goo

Leave a comment:

• Spike29
    replied
    Nice to see that the Wayland session is slowly but surely nearing perfection!

The last Wayland showstopper issue on my end is that all KDE apps freeze for a while (their windows are greyed out and unresponsive) and sometimes crash after the screen wakes up: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=448275
    It doesn't seem to affect everyone, I wonder if there's something specific with my setup that triggers this bug.

I'm also looking forward to full xdg_activation_v1 support: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/issues/39 (it feels strange to click on a link and not having the Firefox window brought forward).

But overall, compared to how it was 1 or 2 years ago, the Wayland session is much more usable today.

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I've heard about Sixel graphics, but through my lifetime of computing I've never once actually came across it.
    It's pretty cool. It looks like this:

Leave a comment:

• bakaxcb
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    but through my lifetime of computing I've never once actually came across it.
    Well, it got new life in the recent years (see libsixel). Especially the japanese community cared about SIXEL and created a ton of patches for terminals emulators and other software.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    I've heard about Sixel graphics, but through my lifetime of computing I've never once actually came across it.

Leave a comment:

• funforums
    replied
    Yay! I am already using 5.24 from the day after release. I am very happy with it, and as a Wayland user I can definitely enjoy the ton of Wayland fixes 5.24 contained. I look forward to these new fixes! A huge thank you to everybody involved in making this possible, from the KDE Devs to the Arch maintaners and testers, who were already on top of the game with their new packages basically on release day for 5.24.

Leave a comment:

• KDE's Konsole Now Supports Sixel Graphics, Plasma Wayland Sees More Fixes

Phoronix: KDE's Konsole Now Supports Sixel Graphics, Plasma Wayland Sees More Fixes

While Plasma 5.24 released this week, KDE developers didn't take it easy and have remained very busy progressing their open-source desktop stack with fixes for Plasma 5.24.1, new feature work for the next Plasma release, and driving ahead their Frameworks and Applications too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X