KDE Plasma 5.24 Released With Wayland Support In Increasingly Great Shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.24 Released With Wayland Support In Increasingly Great Shape

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.24 Released With Wayland Support In Increasingly Great Shape

KDE Plasma 5.24 is out as the newest version of this popular open-source desktop environment that will also be their new Long-Term Support (LTS) release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I saw vr headset support so this begs the question....can we play half life alyx on Kde yet?

Comment

This stinks when are we going to be able to edit our original post

I saw vr headset support so this begs the question....can we play half life alyx on Kde on an Oculus quest 2 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post
        I saw vr headset support so this begs the question....can we play half life alyx on Kde yet?
        I had no issues with playing it on KDE right from the start (of the native version)

Comment

I didn't specify in my original post but are you using Oculus quest 2 or the valve headset?

Comment

Good time to be a KDE Plasma user!
            It stopped me from DE hopping after using MATE and Cinnamon and made me really happy!
            I've been also enjoying Wayland for about a year now.
            Now I just hope that future versions will have a Vulkan / Zink renderer support and a built-in virtual keyboard.

Comment

I just saw something that I can't unsee -- the smaller that wallpaper becomes the more it looks like the Firefox icon.

ngraham

Login/Lock Screen

Fingerprint authentication is now incorporated into Plasma. You can also enroll up to 10 fingerprints and use them to unlock the screen, provide authentication when an app asks for your password, and also authenticate you when you need to run a command with sudo from the command line.

I feel dumb asking this question, but is that 10 fingerprints total or 10 fingerprints per user?

Comment

I'm already using it on Tumbleweed from the Factory repositories, there was a problem with Discover, which has been fixed today.
                I guess it will soon arrive on the official repositories, by now I am using the wayland session permanently and I have not noticed any problems. They did a great job.

Comment

"Increasingly Great Shape" for a long time now but somehow people keeps complaining about it.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
                    "Increasingly Great Shape" for a long time now but somehow people keeps complaining about it.
                    You just described everything ever created.

Comment

Working...
                    X