Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeioth View Post
    I'm literally in physical pain until they fix this
    Yup, try to activate a combobox, options will be displayed like this, too.
    Luckily, what's displayed stays displayed until you hover your mouse so it still works. Image if it disappeared, you'd never be able to use the mouse for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
      why people refused to upgrade to qt6 and keep using qt5 instead when they start new project

i understand if project like KDE is too big to ported but new application is not that hard

1. No theming plugins currently available for Qt 6, so your Qt 6 apps will look ugly on Linux. Even Breeze isn't available.
      2. Qt 6 was initially incomplete when released (this situation has probably changed though).

Comment

Breeze are implementing it, but it won't be there until KDE Frameworks 6 is released.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          2. Qt 6 was initially incomplete when released (this situation has probably changed though).
          WIth Qt 6.2 most of the major features/extensions were finally made available. There are still specific features that are not available (usually features that are generally perceived to be used infrequently, but if your app is using them, that does make it less of an issue for you to start your port to Qt 6).

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

1. No theming plugins currently available for Qt 6, so your Qt 6 apps will look ugly on Linux. Even Breeze isn't available.
            It has changed, 'cause the few apps with Qt6 that I have running (most of the apps I use are still Qt5) look fine. Sure, the Qt5 apps look a tad better, but the Qt6 ones do look a lot better than when Qt6 was first released, so we're slowly getting there.

Comment

I was just reminded of this amusing quote from a post introducing libinput:

Due to the X.org input modules being inseparable from the X server, Weston and other compositors started implementing their own input stack, separately. Let me introduce a game called feature bingo: guess which feature is currently not working in $COMPOSITOR. If you collect all five in a row, you get to shout "FFS!" and win the price of staying up all night fixing your touchpad. As much fun as that can be, maybe let's not do that.

--
              http://who-t.blogspot.ca/2014/09/lib...r-wayland.html

Comment

Working...
              X