Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qt 6.3 Beta Published With Wayland Improvements, New Features

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qt 6.3 Beta Published With Wayland Improvements, New Features

    Phoronix: Qt 6.3 Beta Published With Wayland Improvements, New Features

    Ahead of the planned release of Qt 6.3.0 next month, The Qt Company today has made available the first Qt 6.3 beta...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...px=Qt-6.3-Beta

  • #2
    Is QML compiler going to be opensource? I thought it was going to be available only for commercial users.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by er888kh View Post
      Is QML compiler going to be opensource? I thought it was going to be available only for commercial users.
      It's been confirmed before it will be opened up. Not sure when, though.

      Comment


      • #4
        why people refused to upgrade to qt6 and keep using qt5 instead when they start new project

        i understand if project like KDE is too big to ported but new application is not that hard



        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Aryma View Post
          why people refused to upgrade to qt6 and keep using qt5 instead when they start new project

          i understand if project like KDE is too big to ported but new application is not that hard


          Who refuses to upgrade? Do you have a project in mind?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Aryma View Post
            why people refused to upgrade to qt6 and keep using qt5 instead when they start new project

            i understand if project like KDE is too big to ported but new application is not that hard


            Afaik Qt6 isn't present even in Ubuntu 21.10.
            I have a 2 Qt5 projects on github and moving to Qt6 is very low priority, if at all.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cl333r View Post

              Afaik Qt6 isn't present even in Ubuntu 21.10.
              I have a 2 Qt5 projects on github and moving to Qt6 is very low priority, if at all.
              ...and I'm still back on Kubuntu 20.04 LTS pending the release of 22.04 LTS.

              My PyQt5 projects have no hope of being on Qt 6 at this point, since it'd be discourteous to make Flatpak the only distribution channel that has build instructions or testing.
              Last edited by ssokolow; 04 February 2022, 11:51 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

                ...and I'm still back on Kubuntu 20.04 LTS pending the release of 22.04 LTS.

                My PyQt5 projects have no hope of being on Qt 6 at this point, since it'd be discourteous to make Flatpak the only distribution channel that has build instructions or testing.
                Yup, Debian-based distros sure aren't doing Qt any service...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cl333r View Post

                  Afaik Qt6 isn't present even in Ubuntu 21.10.
                  I have a 2 Qt5 projects on github and moving to Qt6 is very low priority, if at all.
                  I doesn't look it will even available on Ubuntu 22.04.
                  There are Qt6 packages for Debian but they still in experimental repo qt6-base - Debian Package Tracker

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm literally in physical pain until they fix this

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X