Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PipeWire 0.3.45 Restores Sound Support For Zoom, Telegram

Phoronix: PipeWire 0.3.45 Restores Sound Support For Zoom, Telegram

PipeWire 0.3.45 is out today as the newest update to this audio/video stream server that is becoming increasingly common on the Linux desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

With PipeWire 0.3.44 normal mic audio in Zoom works for me on PipeWire, but unfortunately sharing desktop audio in Zoom screensharing sessions has never worked, which is a showstopper limitation for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sb56637 View Post
      With PipeWire 0.3.44 normal mic audio in Zoom works for me on PipeWire, but unfortunately sharing desktop audio in Zoom screensharing sessions has never worked, which is a showstopper limitation for me.
      Have you reported this?

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Have you reported this?
        Yep.
        Hi there, I recently switched to PipeWire, currently on version 0.3.35 with openSUSE Tumbleweed and the Cinnamon 5.05 desktop, and Zoom 5.7.6 (31792.0820) installed from the official RPM....

Comment

Only 4 months in and it's already in "open". Can't be long now.

Comment

Even though there are still some bugs affecting several use-cases, it is damn impressive how complete this thing is already

Comment

Originally posted by sb56637 View Post
              Agree with zoom and showstopper. However I find it impressive that they even consider this. Zoom is closed and the enfant terrible on my wayland desktop right now. I dont think it follows one standardized interface: screenshare, audio, etc...

Comment

EDIT: ignore me, hadn't read your ticket yet. this wouldn't help

It's not a solution, but as a stupid work around have you tried using something like the graph in qjackctl to put the desktop audio (probably a monitor device) into zoom? I do that for doing fine grained control of what audio is going into OBS when I do any streaming. If that doesn't work then it might be useful as a diagnostic for tracking down what's going wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post
                  Even though there are still some bugs affecting several use-cases, it is damn impressive how complete this thing is already
                  Not only complete, but moving over from pulse was almost seamless. Can't say pulse was lacking or that I found something new in pipewire, but there's that warm feeling that maybe at some point I'll be able to generate a useful backtrace or smth.

Comment

The preformance for me is the biggest thing, I can keep an effect stack running all the time with next to no preformance, or latency hit

Comment

Working...
                    X