Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.3 Released With Better Interoperability For Microsoft Office Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

So I just tested in 7.2.5-4 (latest on fedora). Its still there.
    simple test case

D5: 1
    E5: =D5+Rand()
    E7: =E5
    D12-18: 1
    select D12 to E18
    Data->multiple operations
    Formulas: $E$7
    Column input cell: D5
    OK

All the answers are the same.
    If you repeat, but use $E$5 for formulas of multiple operations then every answer is different, even though E7: =E5

This breaks all the sensitivity analysis stuff we do and makes calc unusable and incompatible with basically every excel file we have. I'll try this again when 7.3 drops on the repo, but I don't hold out much hope tbh.
    I actually tried that in Calc 7.3, not showing any errors. But that last step with multiple operations doesn't seem to do anything. Plus I have no idea what the pendant of multiple operations would be in excel to see if that would result in anything different there.

Comment

Originally posted by Artim View Post

I actually tried that in Calc 7.3, not showing any errors. But that last step with multiple operations doesn't seem to do anything. Plus I have no idea what the pendant of multiple operations would be in excel to see if that would result in anything different there.
      It doesnt error, it just doesnt calculate. all the rows of the MO should always be different and random, using chained formula the rand function is only called once.

MO is the Calc equivelent of what if analysis datatables. Used a lot in MCMC, failure and financial analysis. All that breaks if you cant populate the iterations with new random values.

Comment

Originally posted by Artim View Post

I only know the basics of Microsoft Excel, but there is a free version available.

If you have a free Microsoft/Onedrive account, you can use the free, web version of Microsoft Excel here:

https://www.office.com/launch/excel

Comment

Originally posted by johnp View Post

I only know the basics of Microsoft Excel, but there is a free version available.

If you have a free Microsoft/Onedrive account, you can use the free, web version of Microsoft Excel here:

https://www.office.com/launch/excel
          That's not my problem, I have free access to Office 365 through my university, my problem is merely that I have no clue how to do the same in Excel and see, how it's supposed to look like

Comment

Working...
          X