PipeWire 0.3.44 Released With Latency Improvements, Minimal PW Server Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The default maximum latency was lowered from 170 to 42 ms
    What does that mean? Is that a default setting change? Or was the code improved to yield better latency?
    Either way, I expect by the time I finish my workday, Arch will have the new version ready for me :P

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

What does that mean? Is that a default setting change? Or was the code improved to yield better latency?
      Either way, I expect by the time I finish my workday, Arch will have the new version ready for me :P

Comment

Originally posted by khnazile View Post
        It is annoying that it requires meson 0.59 - you can't build it for older distros, because of crazy dependencies of meson itself.
        You can easily install meson using pip

Comment

Do they have a roadmap for getting to version 1?

Comment

That's funny. Basically the reporter talked to himself for a couple of weeks, noticed the problem went away at some point and closed the bug. I've had the same experience with some KDE bugs
            Last edited by bug77; 27 January 2022, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
              Do they have a roadmap for getting to version 1?
              Do you have a roadmap for finally dissociating numbers and stability?

Comment

Originally posted by er888kh View Post
                Except if Python version is too old, which is exactly what he meant.

Most pathetic build system in existence because it's the only one which can not be compiled statically.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                  Except if Python version is too old, which is exactly what he meant.

Most pathetic build system in existence because it's the only one which can not be compiled statically.
                  Novel idea, use a more recent distro :O

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

That's funny. Basically the reporter talked to himself for a couple of weeks, noticed the problem went away at some point and closed the bug. I've had the same experience with some KDE bugs
                    Following that one to the patch and back to what it closed the real discussion seams to be this one: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipew.../-/issues/1931

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                    Sadly Canonical is and will ignore it for about 10 years like it did with systemd and Wayland.
                    They do everything to not contribute to anything useful for Linux.
                    Red Hat is being amazing again, congrats and many thanks to them!
                    It's in the Ubuntu repos and most likely 0.3.44 will be in the 22.04LTS repo as well so the only thing is that they haven't made it the default just yet, it will be a simple apt install way for the ones that want it.

Comment

Originally posted by er888kh View Post

You can, but it won't work. It wants you to update some crucial system components, like system package manager, which is not possible with stable distros.

Comment

Working...
                      X