Firefox Nightly Begins Activating Wayland For Capable Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Volta is so squareheaded in his insults he often has no idea what he's talking about. Luckily I don't see his messages and I feel so much better. The guy seems to have serious issues considering he's willing to insult others every other message.

To call XFCE "winblows" is an major insult to the people who've been working on the project for over a decade.
    He didn't call XFCE "Winblows". He probs was referring to Windows...

But how did you manage to get the ignore list working? For me and many others it does not work.

Comment

To call XFCE "winblows" is an major insult to the people who've been working on the project for over a decade.
      Not to mention that using "winblows" marks you as stuck in the late 90s and early 2000s, psychologically, just as much as writing Microsoft as Micro$oft or using l33tspeak.

Comment

Originally posted by soulsource View Post

I've been told UX experts tend to ask about 5 persons for detailed input, as usually 80% of valuable information for a project's UX can be obtained from that number of people. For the sake of the argument, let's assume this (imho very bold) statement is true:
        Whoever designed the Gnome File Picker probably asked 5 persons who all have a deep seated hatred for people who use computers and intentionally gave the most stupid answers they could come up with.
        More likely they missed the "When To Test More Users" section.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

But how did you manage to get the ignore list working? For me and many others it does not work.
          My account is so old it works for me for some reasons. I have quite a list of sad people.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

He replied to me specifically, so, no, he didn't talk about Windows, he tried to mock me. TBO I don't care.

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Not to mention that using "winblows" marks you as stuck in the late 90s and early 2000s, psychologically, just as much as writing Microsoft as Micro$oft or using l33tspeak.
            Yeah, I've never heard zoomers referring to Windows this way This is only for boomers.
            Last edited by birdie; 26 January 2022, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

Yes I routinely open files and never had a problem with that. On one machine I've got firefox installed via rpm and on another it's from flathub, both run on wayland (gnome 41)
              Oh, I see, i was running KDE with all setups. KDE + Wayland has ways to go.

Comment

I use it daily on Tumbleweed-KDE and the only wayland native FF problem I have, is font selection, popup appears and disappears quickly, preventing font selection. However it seems to work well in general.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie
                  Will remove it later

duby229 dungeon blackiwid kraftman smitty3268 qarium audi.rs4 wizard69 cl333r TemplarGR ypnos speculatrix Delgarde crazycheese _ReD_ RussianNeuroMancer Awesomeness schmidtbag TheBlackCat Luke_Wolf freedam kpedersen arokh brosis Aeder torsionbar28 pal666 MadCat Slartifartblast ddriver NotMine999 Citan WizardGed M@GOid davidbepo edwaleni debianxfce sa666666 starshipeleven Darknation BangoMopar tomas JPFSanders CochainComplex Grinness Weasel perpetually high ColdDistance cybertraveler angrypie Nocifer dave_boo Volta betam4x gardotd426 wertigon mppix drakonas777 fafreeman 60Hz Uncle H.
                  I consider it a high honor to appear on the blocklist of birdie . This gives me true satisfaction and sense of achievement.
                  Last edited by mppix; 26 January 2022, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Why? Is MS a nonprofit now or somehow socially responsible?
                    Last edited by mppix; 26 January 2022, 05:21 PM.

Comment

From what I've read and heard XFCE developers are not keen to implement Wayland support not because Wayland is not stable, it's because it entails an insane mind boggling amount of work. Not only they will have to basically create a new compositor because the majority of of the code in xfwm4 is Xorg/X11 specific, they will also have to rewrite/update various XFCE components because they also are very Xorg specific, i.e. panels or even the XFCE settings application which uses some X11 features not present in Wayland in any shape or form.
                      Talking about "freedom' in Open Source: Wayland was seemingly created exclusively for Gnome by Gnome devs and nothing can change my mind about that.
                      And this is how Gnome/Wayland developers treat your comments in Wayland's bug tracker:
                      "That sounds like an insult, but whatever. Not the first time time here. I'm just kinda appalled six more people have joined you in attacking me."

you claim people insult you but it is clearly that it was not an insult it was an fact it is your problem and your problem only....

about you to be honest people are more interested who is paying you (microsoft/Nvidia) to troll in this linux focused platform to push your closed source and monopole propaganda.

in every thread you show up you talk like this is not a linux news and benchmark website and you always claim linux has low marketshare and linux is not worth the effort and you and your monopole/closed source friends are the only sane people around.

i tell you what you are NOT Sane the sane people in this forum work hard to make sure closed source companies like Nvidia go bankrupt and the people buy hardware with opensource drivers for a reason... and you really man you are the only anti-rebell here to smear anyone who is not infected with the money-seeker virus the dream to enslave their customers in walled garden ecosystems to make them addicted on anti-competive CUDA bullshit and in case of intel X86_64 Patent bullshit to make sure people are not able to benefit from low prices as result of competition.

just a hypothetical question: if you stop visiting phoronix.com tomorrow do you really think any person here will miss you ?

all what you write makes no sense you write anti-Wayland stuff but you dont get the point that the same developers who did develop X11 they did develop wayland not because it is fun to do so instead because they are forced to do so because there is a great need to fix the systemicall problems the x11/xorg system had.

so no matter what you will write agaist wayland no one cares really no one cares because we all know we have a strong need for this technology ... and your subversive activity here in this forum will not change anything in the matter of this need.
                      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                      X