Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Very Busy Week From 15 Minute Bugs To Plasma Wayland Fixes

Phoronix: KDE's Very Busy Week From 15 Minute Bugs To Plasma Wayland Fixes

It was a very busy and productive week for KDE developers with many new features and fixes landing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I love these reports. It shows all the great work devs do for this project, and at the same time the way they respond to feedback.

Comment

There's a new update of qbittorrent (for my linux iso collection) on my windows machine. It says that they have semi-experimental qt6 version. Can't wait to see kde pick this up

Comment

Hopefully 5.24 gets LTS status and openSUSE leap 15.4 adopts it.

No comments please about adding latest Qt and KDE from repos, something usually breaks or causes dependency issues elsewhere.

Keep up the good work Nate.

Comment

This is great, it actually feels like the KDE project is starting to take itself seriously.

I was never a fan of KDE, I always wanted that to change, now I'm actually optimistic that it will.

Comment

Originally posted by funforums View Post
            I love these reports. It shows all the great work devs do for this project, and at the same time the way they respond to feedback.
            Actually one reason I stopped using KDE was the fact that they never responded to bug reports I submitted (the other reason being how often the desktop broke after major updates.) The Gnome folks immediately fixed every single bug I reported.

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post

Actually one reason I stopped using KDE was the fact that they never responded to bug reports I submitted (the other reason being how often the desktop broke after major updates.) The Gnome folks immediately fixed every single bug I reported.
              Could you link some of your reports to GNOME? Just curious, not bad intentions

Comment

It took months / years to fix the memory leak in Gnome Shell, with Gnome developers denying it all the time

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
                  There's a new update of qbittorrent (for my linux iso collection) on my windows machine. It says that they have semi-experimental qt6 version. Can't wait to see kde pick this up
                  Which would be noteworthy improvements that would happen by switching to Qt6?I really hope Qt6 will only get then picked up by KDE when the transition is without any noticeable regression to the user. If that point isn't in the near future, so be it. Still lots of improvements possible without Qt6, it's not like devs would be bored.

Comment

Wow. This is despite the fact that the Gnome project is rife with bug reports and feature requests which takes years to resolve, not the mention a crazy amount of bug reports they've closed as WONTFIX. I'd love to see the bug reports you've filed. This sounds way too good to be true.

Comment

Working...
                    X