Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JACK2 1.9.20 Released With Official FreeBSD Support

Phoronix: JACK2 1.9.20 Released With Official FreeBSD Support

A new version of JACK2 is available this weekend, the latest version of this cross-platform, professional sound server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it weird that I sometimes feel nostalgic about OSS?

Comment

Michael, I am terribly sorry for complaining again, but I just feel that the lack of a thumbnail on this article makes the front page look inconsistent, as if some things were missing or incomplete.
      Why not the JACK logo, or at least the picture used for the category?
      I mean I know I shouldn't mind it, but this truly irritates me so much considering a logo could have been put and this was a missed opportunity (same thing with the KDE article...).

Comment

Originally posted by lyamc View Post
        No, it was pretty good and tended to "just work". ALSA OTOH ... (and no, one doesn't have to use ALSA)

Comment

Originally posted by lyamc View Post
          Nope. OSSv4 has great drivers for old PCI sound cards like the M-Audio Delta Series. It's a shame there hasn't been any development in years and as a result the drivers lack features like MIDI support, but at least there are the occasional maintenance updates for newer Linux kernels. I've been using OSSv4 since 2008 and still have two working Linux setups running daily.

Comment

If you miss OSSv4 then just jump ship..

Comment

Working...
            X