X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzarko
    replied
    Originally posted by sarmad View Post
    Wow, very interesting. What can you run on such an ancient hardware anyway? Or are there any new hardwares that can run the OS?
    OS 3.X is best for classic (non-powerPC) Amiga systems, IMHO. I have never tried 4.X as I do not have required hardware (expensive as hell, at least for me).

As for what you can run, anything you would run in '90s on it. In the past few years especially, new games are constantly made for Amiga, my estimate is around 30-40 per year. Commodore 64 is also having a renaissance, with around 150 and more new games each year since 2016-2017.

Leave a comment:

• royce
    replied
    Originally posted by flower View Post

True, but why do you still use ubuntu?
    I left them because i was tired of upstart, mir and snaps.
    You were tired of mir? How even?

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

Wow, very interesting. What can you run on such an ancient hardware anyway? Or are there any new hardwares that can run the OS?
    You can run the newer AmigaOS 4.1, which receives weekly updates through the Software Update app, on newer hardware. But you need to get Amiga-specific hardware for it, though, like the AmigaONE 500 or AmigaONE X5000.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by zzarko View Post
    Yup, version 3.2.1 was released a few weeks ago.
    Exactly. And AmigaOS 4.1 gets weekly updates through the Software Update app.

Leave a comment:

• flower
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    They should get rid of the Snap crap first!
    Tired of having to uninstall that garbage on every install.
    I can't stand the hijacking of sudo apt-get install and the forced upgrades!
    It's my computer, not Canonical's!
    True, but why do you still use ubuntu?
    I left them because i was tired of upstart, mir and snaps.

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    Originally posted by zzarko View Post

Leave a comment:

• zzarko
    replied
    Wait, is AmigaOS still a thing?

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I hope not. I prefer to make the desktop look like how I want it to.

And funny how you mention other OS's, but macOS is about the only OS where theming is not possible. Windows, Linux, Haiku, AmigaOS (both the old 3.x as well as the current 4.1), BSD, Chrome OS… they all support theming one way or another.
    Wait, is AmigaOS still a thing?

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    Really, the Gnome developers should just permanently block theming and be done with it.

I want to see a unified and consistent graphical desktop environment across all distributions. Gnome 4x and libadwaita is the closest to that milestone.

macOS has never allowed theming, and I really hope Microsoft will follow suit in updated versions of Windows 11 and future versions of Windows.
    That's a very strange demand. What harm is theming doing you that you want it completely blocked?

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high
    replied
    Hey peeps, I finally added a readme to my Ubuntu kernel build script if anyone is interested. Not gonna spam it, but see profile if interested. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X