Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Aiming For GNOME 42, Avoiding GTK4 Where Possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zzarko View Post
    Yup, version 3.2.1 was released a few weeks ago.
    Wow, very interesting. What can you run on such an ancient hardware anyway? Or are there any new hardwares that can run the OS?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      They should get rid of the Snap crap first!
      Tired of having to uninstall that garbage on every install.
      I can't stand the hijacking of sudo apt-get install and the forced upgrades!
      It's my computer, not Canonical's!
      True, but why do you still use ubuntu?
      I left them because i was tired of upstart, mir and snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by zzarko View Post
        Yup, version 3.2.1 was released a few weeks ago.
        Exactly. And AmigaOS 4.1 gets weekly updates through the Software Update app.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

Wow, very interesting. What can you run on such an ancient hardware anyway? Or are there any new hardwares that can run the OS?
          You can run the newer AmigaOS 4.1, which receives weekly updates through the Software Update app, on newer hardware. But you need to get Amiga-specific hardware for it, though, like the AmigaONE 500 or AmigaONE X5000.

Comment

Originally posted by flower View Post

True, but why do you still use ubuntu?
            I left them because i was tired of upstart, mir and snaps.
            You were tired of mir? How even?

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
              OS 3.X is best for classic (non-powerPC) Amiga systems, IMHO. I have never tried 4.X as I do not have required hardware (expensive as hell, at least for me).

As for what you can run, anything you would run in '90s on it. In the past few years especially, new games are constantly made for Amiga, my estimate is around 30-40 per year. Commodore 64 is also having a renaissance, with around 150 and more new games each year since 2016-2017.

Comment

Working...
              X