Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WirePlumber 0.4.6 Released For Managing PipeWire

Phoronix: WirePlumber 0.4.6 Released For Managing PipeWire

Helping make PipeWire suitable for the Linux desktop so quickly has been WirePlumber as a more featureful alternative to PipeWire's default session manager. Out today is WirePlumber 0.4.6 as the latest step forward on that front...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Suggestion: use category icon on the home page if article has no picture.
    Last edited by tildearrow; 06 January 2022, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Suggestion: use category icon on the home pagr if article has no picture.
      Does the editor need an editor? I think there is a typo in that post (pagr -> page)?

Comment

switches to headphones by default when wire headphones are plugged in,

I wonder if we can change this behavior. I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
          switches to headphones by default when wire headphones are plugged in,

I wonder if we can change this behavior. I hope so.
          It does not happen with pipewire-media-session (too bad it is deprecated) - it respects default device set up. I have another problem with WirePlumber - it does not switch to headset micro when headset is plugged back in.

UPD: and it seems that they fixed exact my issue

Comment

What is wireplumber? A specie of pavucontrol?

Comment

I started using WirePlumber recently but it doesn't seem well-documented. I'd like it to respect environment variables for picking the default device rather than remembering what I used for a particular application last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
                What is wireplumber? A specie of pavucontrol?
                I like to use the analogy of NetworkManager for PipeWire, making it to work out-of-the-box for common desktop scenarios/usages

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                  I started using WirePlumber recently but it doesn't seem well-documented. I'd like it to respect environment variables for picking the default device rather than remembering what I used for a particular application last time.
                  that should be something else that can be configured lol, as I am the exact opposite. I wish it remebered the paths I make manually using helvum.

Comment

Sorry if its a stupid question, but when I try to install wireplumber, it is removing pipewire media session package. I use apps like Easy Effects that depend on pipewire. Will Easy Effects continue to work with WirePlumber?

Comment

Working...
                    X