Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WirePlumber 0.4.6 Released For Managing PipeWire

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Random_Jerk View Post
    Sorry if its a stupid question, but when I try to install wireplumber, it is removing pipewire media session package. I use apps like Easy Effects that depend on pipewire. Will Easy Effects continue to work with WirePlumber?
    it works fine for me

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Random_Jerk View Post
      Sorry if its a stupid question, but when I try to install wireplumber, it is removing pipewire media session package. I use apps like Easy Effects that depend on pipewire. Will Easy Effects continue to work with WirePlumber?
      EasyEffects should still work. WirePlumber replaces pipewire-media-session as the session-manager for pipewire. So you won't be uninstalling pipewire, it's just uninstalling the bare-bones session manager that shipped with pipewire.

      Comment


      • #13
        Tried the previous version and many wine apps wouldn't work with it, no audio input.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by deadite66 View Post
          Tried the previous version and many wine apps wouldn't work with it, no audio input.
          What do you mean by audio input? That the app can't capture audio (record) or that you can't hear the app (playback)?

          Comment


          • #15
            it's a good news, above all about the ability to switch automatically between headphone and speaker system.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by braiam View Post

              What do you mean by audio input? That the app can't capture audio (record) or that you can't hear the app (playback)?
              i heavily use null-sinks for SDR apps to decode digital data, HF, VHF and UHF.
              kg-tone which decodes ctcss frequencies wouldn't start and 'ROS Modem' i couldn't assign a null-sink in pavucontrol to it.

              they work fine with pipewire-media-session

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post

                Does the editor need an editor? I think there is a typo in that post (pagr -> page)?
                I would love to be able to read Phoronix on a pager!

                Comment


                • #18
                  What is wireplumber even for? I've been using pipewire for months but the purpose of wireplumber just kinda goes over my head.

                  My sound works, and I was able to tweak it via pipewire's settings, where does wireplumber even fit in?

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                    What is wireplumber even for? I've been using pipewire for months but the purpose of wireplumber just kinda goes over my head.

                    My sound works, and I was able to tweak it via pipewire's settings, where does wireplumber even fit in?
                    https://fedoramagazine.org/wireplumb...ssion-manager/

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Thank you!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X