Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WirePlumber 0.4.6 Released For Managing PipeWire

Phoronix: WirePlumber 0.4.6 Released For Managing PipeWire

Helping make PipeWire suitable for the Linux desktop so quickly has been WirePlumber as a more featureful alternative to PipeWire's default session manager. Out today is WirePlumber 0.4.6 as the latest step forward on that front...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ePlumber-0.4.6

Suggestion: use category icon on the home page if article has no picture.
    Last edited by tildearrow; 06 January 2022, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Suggestion: use category icon on the home pagr if article has no picture.
      Does the editor need an editor? I think there is a typo in that post (pagr -> page)?

Comment

switches to headphones by default when wire headphones are plugged in,

I wonder if we can change this behavior. I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
          switches to headphones by default when wire headphones are plugged in,

I wonder if we can change this behavior. I hope so.
          It does not happen with pipewire-media-session (too bad it is deprecated) - it respects default device set up. I have another problem with WirePlumber - it does not switch to headset micro when headset is plugged back in.

UPD: and it seems that they fixed exact my issue

Comment

What is wireplumber? A specie of pavucontrol?

Comment

I started using WirePlumber recently but it doesn't seem well-documented. I'd like it to respect environment variables for picking the default device rather than remembering what I used for a particular application last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
                What is wireplumber? A specie of pavucontrol?
                I like to use the analogy of NetworkManager for PipeWire, making it to work out-of-the-box for common desktop scenarios/usages

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                  I started using WirePlumber recently but it doesn't seem well-documented. I'd like it to respect environment variables for picking the default device rather than remembering what I used for a particular application last time.
                  that should be something else that can be configured lol, as I am the exact opposite. I wish it remebered the paths I make manually using helvum.

Comment

Sorry if its a stupid question, but when I try to install wireplumber, it is removing pipewire media session package. I use apps like Easy Effects that depend on pipewire. Will Easy Effects continue to work with WirePlumber?

Comment

Working...
                    X