Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME 42 Lands DMA-BUF Feedback Support For Better Multi-GPU, Proper Direct Scanout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treba
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    5.24 is a future version, so that's not out while you said "already supports it" which is wrong. And it's not clear if 5.24 will have all of that (like for non fullscreen case), just some which is still good.
    Gnome 42 (also a future version) will also only support fullscreen cases for now. Non-fullscreen may follow 43 or later.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    5.24 is a future version, so that's not out while you said "already supports it" which is wrong. And it's not clear if 5.24 will have all of that (like for non fullscreen case), just some which is still good.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    And which part exactly? Xaver Hugl said "dmabuf feedback, also coming in 5.24. It should make direct scanout work with most applications in most situations".

That's just what I said.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    Well, source?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gamin...eb2x&context=3

https://zamundaaa.github.io/wayland/...n-wayland.html

From what I read there, it's not yet present in current plasma, but it's coming.
    Last edited by shmerl; 05 January 2022, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    From what I've read, not yet or not fully at least.
    Well, source?

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    Already supports it, as it does dmabuf-feedback with 5.24 (which will make direct scanout work more often once again ).
    From what I've read, not yet or not fully at least.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Looking forward to Kwin adding direct scanout support.
    Already supports it, as it does dmabuf-feedback with 5.24 (which will make direct scanout work more often once again ).

Leave a comment:

• QwertyChouskie
    replied
    Originally posted by ruinairas View Post
    Is there a way to try and fix issues with Wayland saying unsupported hardware when changing resolutions? I have a right portrait display and its native 1600x2560 on a 8.3 display so I need to switch to 900x1440 to make things easier to see since the scaling doesn't work with wine/proton prompts and various apps. I can get it to switch to 900p but I have to go to 720p which shows as a square in the top right of the screen to then switch to 900p restoring the full display. It's a pretty annoying bug and I'd like to help get it fixed somehow.
    What DE/compositor? (e.g. Gnome/Mutter; KDE/Kwin)

Leave a comment:

• ruinairas
    replied
    Is there a way to try and fix issues with Wayland saying unsupported hardware when changing resolutions? I have a right portrait display and its native 1600x2560 on a 8.3 display so I need to switch to 900x1440 to make things easier to see since the scaling doesn't work with wine/proton prompts and various apps. I can get it to switch to 900p but I have to go to 720p which shows as a square in the top right of the screen to then switch to 900p restoring the full display. It's a pretty annoying bug and I'd like to help get it fixed somehow.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Looking forward to Kwin adding direct scanout support.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X