KDE Gets A 2022 Roadmap - Plasma Wayland To Shine, Updated Breeze Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Gets A 2022 Roadmap - Plasma Wayland To Shine, Updated Breeze Icons

Phoronix: KDE Gets A 2022 Roadmap - Plasma Wayland To Shine, Updated Breeze Icons

Well known KDE developer Nate Graham who publishes the weekly KDE desktop development summaries has published the 2022 road-map for what he sees as the major undertakings this year by this community-driven, open-source desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Day before yesterday it took me about 15 minutes of Googling to figure out that I needed to change my time format to Default (C) to get the 24 hour time format. A tick box to set 12h/24h time formats would be a welcome inclusion....and/or add something like (12h) or (24h) after the (cic_US) and (en_US) to differentiate 12h and 24h locales.

Also, the "World" format doesn't have an icon. It shares the same placeholder icon that Default (C) uses.

Except for the icon part, that's already a bug report...where I found the Default (C) tip

Comment

I've installed latest kubuntu on my X1 7th gen and so far I'm pretty happy. Though battery life-time compared to Win is nothing to write home about.

Comment

NVIDIA on Wayland is not working until this is merged: https://invent.kde.org/qt/qt/qtwayla...ge_requests/24

Comment

, but ohpefully this year will be even better.

Typo

Comment

As a KDE user i was almost ready to to move from X11 to Wayland. But then I bought a Hidpi screen.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              Day before yesterday it took me about 15 minutes of Googling to figure out that I needed to change my time format to Default (C) to get the 24 hour time format. A tick box to set 12h/24h time formats would be a welcome inclusion....and/or add something like (12h) or (24h) after the (cic_US) and (en_US) to differentiate 12h and 24h locales.

Also, the "World" format doesn't have an icon. It shares the same placeholder icon that Default (C) uses.

Except for the icon part, that's already a bug report...where I found the Default (C) tip
              I'm not sure what you're referring to, if you mean your panel clock at the bottom right to show 24 hours instead of 12 then right-click on the clock -> Configure Digital Clock -> Time Display "24 Hour".
              Screenshot_20220103_161119.png

Comment

Waiting for the day when I see a distro with KDE that doesn't have such horrible fonts or a garbage font rendering. The worst thing is that KDE is a complete mess in this regard, being even worse than Gnome.

Comment

Michael and his rosy glasses strike again.

ngraham Clearly calls the Wayland objective a "moonshot". He even follows up in that and calls it a "stretch goal". Hopefully it reaches "usable" status for more users, I'd be happy with that.

Comment

Wayland can only be usable when X11 apps running under XWayland are not blurry on scaled HiDPI displays.

Comment

Working...
                    X