Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIMP 2.10.30 Released With Better Adobe PSD Support, Improved Portals Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the gimp made by Valve or what? Come on! Release your version 3...!

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
      Have you loaded the 2.99.8 flatpack tested and submitted your bugs? If not stop complaining about the Gimp devs not doing their job and do yours.

The actual page content for /downloads/devel/ has been moved into its own template file at ./themes/newgimp/templates/downloads-development.html. If you want to edit the text of the /downloads/devel/ page, please see the above template file.

Comment

Now I want valve and gimp to skip 3 entirely and just make 4 the next version.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
          Blender has quite a lot of money and industry backing behind it.

For the Gimp to have that, who would risk the ire of Adobe?
          Gimp has never wanted to cater to the industry -- the fight around their name, for example causing adoption issues in work and school.

I don't see how Adobe wrath could materialize in any meaningful way -- I wouldn't be surprised though if Adobe had business plans to undermine and sabotage potential competitors to prevent them from competing.

AFAIK GIMP has no foundation and is not structured in a way that seeks government grants, grants from corporations like Krita or Blender to collect a pool of money to infuse development. If they did I suspect we would have reached 3.0 long ago.

Edit: I would love to see someone like Blender who already has the financial interface and roads in place build a replacement for GIMP inside Blender like how people use Blender for movie editing, that would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
            The real question here is why YOU haven't released YOUR version 3 yet if you really want it so badly.
            Thats the beauty of OSS, if you arent happy with something, stfu and fix it yourself or pay someone to fix it for you.

Comment

I wonder if one day they'll be able to support Adobe Filter Plugins? that be neat!

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                I wonder if one day they'll be able to support Adobe Filter Plugins? that be neat!
                Depends on what you mean.

Do you mean .8BF files? Limited support is available through GIMP-PSPI, latest code is here: https://github.com/draekko/gimp-pspi

Or do you mean Filter Factory? Limited support is available through http://gimpuserfilter.sourceforge.net/

Comment

Originally posted by elatllat View Post
                  That list was updated from 2014 to 2018 an I guess that it doesn't reflect the state of (soon) 2022.

Comment

I don't even know what's going to be in version 3. I just download the latest version on a new computer and I'm usually happy with it. It's surprisingly usable on Pi 4.

Comment

Originally posted by keit99 View Post
                      Now I want valve and gimp to skip 3 entirely and just make 4 the next version.
                      Nah, watching what the recent trend is about version numbering, the next version will likely be gimp 31 ( > 2.10.30)

Comment

Working...
                      X