KDE's Konsole Can Now Scroll 2x Faster, More Plasma Wayland Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post
    Is Kde would just copy the windows 7 interface they would open themselves up to a much bigger audience.... Windows paid millions to figure out what would be the easiest most intuitive interface and has essentially trained the entire population what a desktop should be.... Why are you fighting the current ... Keep your current setup but offer a single button press that turns your desktop into windows 7 also
    do you really think dev and linux fanboi went to be popular like windows 7

we all can do is do some woke crap and change "master" to "main" to make black people Contributing to the code wish of course they never will do that for this reason only

Comment

Windows paid millions to figure out what would be the easiest most intuitive interface and has essentially trained the entire population what a desktop should be...
      Because they paid millions, they must have the best interface? What a naive thought!
      First, best for whom? Second, you can also pay billions and don't get what you want. Third, if this was so fantastic, why MS keeps going further away from it?
      With every new Windows version you also have to learn what has changed. Windows nowadays is just a pure mess, nothing unified or intuitive. New users (no experience at all) will find some Linux systems more user friendly than Windows.
      For me Plasma is by far the most advanced PC interface I've ever seen. If they copy Microsoft, they would lose some audience.

Comment

Is Kde would just copy the windows 7 interface they would open themselves up to a much bigger audience.... Windows paid millions to figure out what would be the easiest most intuitive interface and has essentially trained the entire population what a desktop should be.... Why are you fighting the current ... Keep your current setup but offer a single button press that turns your desktop into windows 7 also
        If KDE copied Win7 I would stop using it.

Comment

Everytime i have to use windows, i cringe about the bad UX, so i really see no point in copying in that. The times that windows led the pack are long gone, nowadays microsoft is copying Linux-DEs or macOS herer and there instead of working on a consistent interface...

Only because the monopoly trained a lot of people to get used to that crap doesn't mean we have to set the bar that low

Comment

Great news! I've always felt that Konsole's scrolling speed was holding me back.

Comment

You can already set up Plasma to look like Win7. Why do you need someone else to do it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by uxmkt View Post
                [/B]relative numbers don't mean much. Absolute numbers from 2018 for comparison: https://lwn.net/Articles/751763/
                Thanks!

I always install plain old xterm, for being fast and light-weight. I actually like that it doesn't waste screen real estate on things like tabs and menu bars.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
                  Great news! I've always felt that Konsole's scrolling speed was holding me back.
                  I get the point that it's not a deal-breaker, but you can actually catch things in a terminal as they fly by that you might miss, if your terminal window is updating at a low rate. Even worse is when running a build or something and you see in top that the terminal window is wasting a significant proportion of a CPU core!

Comment

Real Linux users use GNU screen... so scrolling is as fast as ctrl + a + esc + pgUp/Down!!!!! GUI scrolling is for the weak 😛

I haven't used scrolling in a long long time in any terminal, gui or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
                      Real Linux users use GNU screen... so scrolling is as fast as ctrl + a + esc + pgUp/Down!!!!! GUI scrolling is for the weak 😛

I haven't used scrolling in a long long time in any terminal, gui or otherwise.
                      Try Tmux and you will never use Screen again...

Comment

Working...
                      X