Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Konsole Can Now Scroll 2x Faster, More Plasma Wayland Fixes

Phoronix: KDE's Konsole Can Now Scroll 2x Faster, More Plasma Wayland Fixes

KDE Wayland users have many reasons to be grateful this Christmas with yet more improvements having landed for the Plasma Wayland session. Plus KDE's Konsole terminal emulator can now scroll about twice as fast as previously...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is anyone else seeing freezes when first opening Dolphin and the first time using a file picker in any app? I think it started in FW 5.88 still around in 5.89

Comment

Drinking game: take a shot every time you read 'bug'

Comment

One feature more, one entry more in context menu. I like featurerich KDE. But one feature more - one QButton/Qentry more anywhere placed is not the rigth way. The GUI should show the the most importent Feature to keep my Focus on work and not looking over a flood of buttons or menus. This is very well handled by many Gnome apps - but they remove features so it is difficult to use if you have more complex user scenarios.

KDE could be perfect if they find a generic and intelligent solution to show only importent features but dont remove the feature-rich part. Make it available in a more intellgent way just as dropping more buttons or moving some menus

P.S. after years of implementing stuff (of course thats more fun for devs) it seams they really changed mentality to keep it stable und robust - and in future maybe more consistent too. I am glad about this way and understanding

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: KDE's Konsole Can Now Scroll 2x Faster, More Plasma Wayland Fixes

relative numbers don't mean much. Absolute numbers from 2018 for comparison: https://lwn.net/Articles/751763/

Comment

Bug Report: The PSX ISO image of FFVII didn't have an option to be applied as a wallpaper when I right clicked it

That Latte Dock layout looks to be a hidden gem of a feature. I can see that being used to change the desktop appearance from Win10 to Win11 to GNOME to OSX to Mate since the biggest difference between all the desktops are the taskbar and dock layouts.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              That Latte Dock layout looks to be a hidden gem of a feature. I can see that being used to change the desktop appearance from Win10 to Win11 to GNOME to OSX to Mate since the biggest difference between all the desktops are the taskbar and dock layouts.
              Truth be told, mimicking win 10, win 11, mac os and gnome can be done even with the plasma's default panel. But surely, latte dock is excellent for those who want more control (and different layout per activity)

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
                Drinking game: take a shot every time you read 'bug'
                No thanks, my chandelier can't take my weight.

Comment

Originally posted by camel_case View Post
                  KDE could be perfect if they find a generic and intelligent solution to show only importent features but dont remove the feature-rich part. Make it available in a more intellgent way just as dropping more buttons or moving some menus
                  No thanks. I remember Microsoft's Personalized Menus feature. Having a UI that only changes when requested is much more important for a variety of HCI-related reasons. (eg. muscle memory, the human tendency to learn a UI by habits relating to its shape and get befuddled when things are suddenly not where they were before because stuff further up/left from it went away and it reflowed, etc.)

Comment

Is Kde would just copy the windows 7 interface they would open themselves up to a much bigger audience.... Windows paid millions to figure out what would be the easiest most intuitive interface and has essentially trained the entire population what a desktop should be.... Why are you fighting the current ... Keep your current setup but offer a single button press that turns your desktop into windows 7 also

Comment

Working...
                    X