Firefox 95 Ready With RLBox Sandboxing Across All Platforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by linner View Post

With all the CPU vulnerabilities being discovered there are no guarantees when it comes to VM or other isolation techniques.
    For sure there isn’t some 100% safe sandbox.
    Even without hardware exploit, there could be bug in the software.

The point is using firejail and VM makes exploiting harder, this is especially true for VM.

Trying to escape VM using hardware exploits will be harder than doing so in bare metal or firejail.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

I guess you've never personally demanded no more pay increases for yourself. You do indeed have a set of rules for yourself, and rules for others.

Carry on.
      Having a CEO and other executive pay jump by huge margins while your product market share implodes is absurd.

Unless you're attacking capitalism in general, because this kind of thing is commonplace. In that case, carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Mozilla raised the salary for the CEO every year, while the market share went down every year. They fired the whole Servo (render engine) team. Fired the whole Rust team. Fired other developers and dev teams. Hired a bunch of bloggers who recap whats trending on Twitter.
        I am with you dude .... after almost 20 years I dumped the fox and am now feeling BRAVE.

Comment

Releases Firefox 95, breaks WASM compilation.

On all 12 beta source packages.

Great job.

Fully expecting WASM compilation to break on the release version as well.

Comment

Isn't Firefox 95 just about 27 years late?

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
              Isn't Firefox 95 just about 27 years late?
              Or is it 73 years early?

Comment

Finally got some time to build Firefox 95 and as predicted, WASM compilation is still broken:

Code:
                0:07.06 checking nasm version... 2.16rc0
                0:07.06 ERROR: Cannot find a wasi sysroot. Please give its location with --with-wasi-sysroot. Or build with --without-wasm-sandboxed-libraries.

Error running mach: ['build'] The error occurred in code that was called by the mach command. This is either a bug in the called code itself or in the way that mach is calling it. You can invoke |./mach busted| to check if this issue is already on file. If it isn't, please use |./mach busted file build| to report it. If |./mach busted| is misbehaving, you can also inspect the dependencies of bug 1543241.
                Ehh, who cares. FF is garbage anyway at this point of time.

Not that I would have expected someone who is drunk on FOSS delusions to have the slightest bit of intelligence or knowledge about the complexities of compiling a web browser.
                Last edited by Sonadow; 07 December 2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post

Unless you're attacking capitalism in general, because this kind of thing is commonplace. In that case, carry on.
                  How so? Increasing corporate executive salaries when companies go south is completely normal under capitalism.

Comment

Originally posted by crystall View Post

How so? Increasing corporate executive salaries when companies go south is completely normal under capitalism.
                    No, that's what I'm saying. I think it's beyond stupid that Mitchell Baker's pay has increased while Firefox's market share has been dropping like mad. But to a capitalist, that's normal - lots of Wall Street executives came out of the mortgage-backed securities financial crisis making more money than ever before, even as their companies lost billions.

It just reveals the capitalist lie that executive pay has skyrocketed since the 1980s because of competition for elite talent. There's no rational reason to pay extra for someone to ruin a company, you could hire a janitor to do that.

(Edit: their counter argument, which is impossible to prove, is that these elite executives actually did a fantastic job and without their leadership the company would have lost more money or gone bankrupt sooner. But again, it's impossible to prove and the burden of proof is on them.)

Comment

Did anyone make Firefox work with Nvidia GPUs? My Aquarium WebGL benchmarks are still stuck at 8FPS, Chrome gives me 144fps.
                      I thought Firefox 94 and Nvidia Drivers 495 would give the EGL stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X