No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.3 Beta Released With More Improvements For Microsoft Office Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 7.3 Beta Released With More Improvements For Microsoft Office Files

Phoronix: LibreOffice 7.3 Beta Released With More Improvements For Microsoft Office Files

The first beta of LibreOffice 7.3 is now available for testing as the next installment of this leading open-source, cross-platform office suite...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is GTK4 or Qt 6 support ready?
    Does Python work well in LibreOffice Calc?

Comment

If I recall, 7.3 is supposed to include an improvement for scaling on Wayland for the KF backend (the backend KDE typically uses).

Comment

No bibliographic references system with many integrated standards (apa, iso 690-2, etc) = no for work in academy sphere, after no for work in job. Dont said about add external "utility" as Zotero and etc. It is for experimenting, no for work. many users need integrated function with meta information in one document, no in external documents !

Comment

Surprise. Still no fix for the micro font issue.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
            Surprise. Still no fix for the micro font issue.
            I have heard this item mentioned in the past, but I don't fully understand it. Could you help me understand this item better?

Comment

Originally posted by dekernel View Post
              I have heard this item mentioned in the past, but I don't fully understand it. Could you help me understand this item better?
              I went to get a screen shot and found it has recently been fixed. I hadn't seen it listed in any of the release notes. Good job LO.

Comment

Originally posted by Atirage21 View Post
                No bibliographic references system with many integrated standards (apa, iso 690-2, etc) = no for work in academy sphere, after no for work in job. Dont said about add external "utility" as Zotero and etc. It is for experimenting, no for work. many users need integrated function with meta information in one document, no in external documents !
                Just because you refuse to doesn't mean everybody does. I know no scientist that would ever use Word for handling their bibliography. Besides the fact most simply TeX what they produce, they all use programs like Citavi. So what you say is simply wrong.

Comment

I'm sorry to say that it's just a buggy experience. Recently zotero references completely messed up a document such that any change the the references would quadruple them and whitespaces couldn't be typed anymore.
                  It just crashes sometimes and not even the odt format seems look the same in different applications.
                  On one machine, the UI was so insanely slow, especially as soon as figures are added. Some messing around with antialiasing in context of fonts did the trick - in a option menu of hell directly imported from the 90s.
                  For me, not a viable solution unfortunately. Looking at alternatives but falling back to latex whenever I can.

Let me guess - your experience is flawless?

Comment

How many more years doe this insanity* have to continue before it is acknowledged that TDF will NEVER provide a 100% Microsoft-compatible product; that it finally dawns on most people that The Document Foundation has never had any intention of providing it?

*And, yes---Einstein's saying regarding 'insanity' absolutely fits both TDF and those who, after twelve years, keep---insanely---hoping.

And, yes, all you LO zombies---you can stuff your childish "even Microsoft is not compatible with Microsoft" prattle. You've been spouting that insanity for twelve years. At least be creative this time.

Comment

Working...
                    X