Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Squashes Many "Annoying" Bugs As It Works To Improve The Desktop's Reliability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post

It could've happened in 2-3 years but since Qt6 was out a year ago they'll start moving to it relatively soon, thus, no soup for you!!
    And when that move is done, Qt 7 is around the corner and the amount of bugs will have increased again, so once again no soup!!!

Leave a comment:

• ngraham
    replied
    Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
    I am so missing konsole in the desktop right click. It was the only thing I used in there. Is there a file I can edit to put it back?
    This was added by a Fedora-specific patch that they never tried to submit upstream. It broke recently so they deleted it instead of fixing it. I encouraged them to try to submit it upstream but I don't know the result of that.

Leave a comment:

• MadeUpName
    replied
    I am so missing konsole in the desktop right click. It was the only thing I used in there. Is there a file I can edit to put it back?

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
    - We have 1000 bugs

- We fix 10 of them

- 990 bugs remain

- We add 3 new features

- We have 1200 bugs remain
    Amazing KDE Quality!

Well, things **have** definitely improved since the bug fixing crusade began, but to this day I have managed to crash certain components of KDE... even after the fixes.
    Most of the time I don't report these because they're already reported, but when they are not, I do.

Now the problem is that some of these bugs are heisenbugs, I mean, bugs/crashes that are hard to reproduce because they change behavior every single time.
    Last edited by tildearrow; 27 November 2021, 02:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• danielnez1
    replied
    I know I might get crucified for this... but I never liked KDE 3.5, it always seemed too "hyperactive" and cluttered for me. The the KDE 4 betas always looked promising to me, but the early releases of KDE 4 were lackluster. Later releases (and Plasma 5) seem like a good comprise between ease of use by default and flexibility/customization to me.

Leave a comment:

• Morty
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    I have a simple solution: Could a simple mode be added to Kate and KWrite be depreciated? A mode that looks like KWrite until the user ticks a box, hits F10, or launches with --view=advanced\simple?
    But you already have that, it launches with kate or kwrite.
    Try opening the about dialog in kwrite, it may give you a clue.

Leave a comment:

• ngraham
    replied
    Originally posted by sheldonl View Post
    image_1693.png
    I wonder if they fixed the issue pointed out by Linus of LTT. Like can bee seen in the attached screenshot. This is an example of horrific UI design. If not, perhaps I should file bug report.
    Not KDE software; this is made by the Manjaro people and only shipped with their distro.

Leave a comment:

• sheldonl
    replied
    Originally posted by Nth_man View Post

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
    -- Peter de Vries
    I think the issue may be as much that the workflow in KDE 3.5 for how you used the desktop had gotten pretty polished and consistent. Even in plasma 5, there are things - like activities - that don't really fully fit in. Good concept, but I think it needs deeper integration with other apps to really make it work - beyond just what plasmoids, widgets and panels you have configured.

Leave a comment:

• sheldonl
    replied
    image_1693.png
    I wonder if they fixed the issue pointed out by Linus of LTT. Like can bee seen in the attached screenshot. This is an example of horrific UI design. If not, perhaps I should file bug report.

Leave a comment:

• ngraham
    replied
    Originally posted by avem View Post

Can you actually read? "Oh, wait, most of them do not work at all in the taskbar (look atrocious and are not customizable at all)."
    Every single thing requested in that bug report is available today with System Monitor and Weather applets. Yes, when added to a panel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X