Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Squashes Many "Annoying" Bugs As It Works To Improve The Desktop's Reliability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yeayo guy View Post

Plasmoids came with KDE 4.
    Can you actually read? "Oh, wait, most of them do not work at all in the taskbar (look atrocious and are not customizable at all)."

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      I have a simple solution: Could a simple mode be added to Kate and KWrite be depreciated? A mode that looks like KWrite until the user ticks a box, hits F10, or launches with --view=advanced\simple?
      That is exactly what they are, just instead of loading Kate to run simple mode, you run kwrite.

Better explanation,since I am on mobile: https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment...mment/dpssvzr/

Comment

Originally posted by Yeayo guy View Post

> [...] of KDE 3.5.
        I was a KDE 3.5 user, and Plasma 5 has better usability than the old KDE 3.5
        Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
        -- Peter de Vries
        Last edited by Nth_man; 28 November 2021, 04:59 AM.

Comment

About a fucking time for more intensive bug fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by avem View Post

Can you actually read? "Oh, wait, most of them do not work at all in the taskbar (look atrocious and are not customizable at all)."
            Every single thing requested in that bug report is available today with System Monitor and Weather applets. Yes, when added to a panel.

Comment

image_1693.png
              I wonder if they fixed the issue pointed out by Linus of LTT. Like can bee seen in the attached screenshot. This is an example of horrific UI design. If not, perhaps I should file bug report.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                -- Peter de Vries
                I think the issue may be as much that the workflow in KDE 3.5 for how you used the desktop had gotten pretty polished and consistent. Even in plasma 5, there are things - like activities - that don't really fully fit in. Good concept, but I think it needs deeper integration with other apps to really make it work - beyond just what plasmoids, widgets and panels you have configured.

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonl View Post
                  image_1693.png
                  I wonder if they fixed the issue pointed out by Linus of LTT. Like can bee seen in the attached screenshot. This is an example of horrific UI design. If not, perhaps I should file bug report.
                  Not KDE software; this is made by the Manjaro people and only shipped with their distro.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    I have a simple solution: Could a simple mode be added to Kate and KWrite be depreciated? A mode that looks like KWrite until the user ticks a box, hits F10, or launches with --view=advanced\simple?
                    But you already have that, it launches with kate or kwrite.
                    Try opening the about dialog in kwrite, it may give you a clue.

Comment

I know I might get crucified for this... but I never liked KDE 3.5, it always seemed too "hyperactive" and cluttered for me. The the KDE 4 betas always looked promising to me, but the early releases of KDE 4 were lackluster. Later releases (and Plasma 5) seem like a good comprise between ease of use by default and flexibility/customization to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X