Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Squashes Many "Annoying" Bugs As It Works To Improve The Desktop's Reliability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
    bug77
    Insults should not be tolerated.
    That said avem hardly misses an opportunity to be unpleasant.

By the way ngraham didn't lie, nor he refused to listen.
    More than one instance of the System Monitor applet can be added to the taskbar to show different info.
    I'd argue that some of those configurations are quite broken, but that can be fixed.
    If one doesn't like the applets provided by default they can try a couple of third party ones, like:Also, not providing a screenshot doesn't "most likely mean" anything.
    ​​​Even if he gave you the screenshot, what guarantee would you have that it would work on your machine as well?
    I mean, it's Linux, you can never be sure
    At first I thought Nate meant System Monitor, the application, which is not what avem asked about. Only later did I realize, in KDE there's a System Monitor app (the one I use sometimes) and a System Monitor widget (that shows me the CPU load in my panel). And then there's KSysGuard, which is also System monitor (the app, not the widget).
    So, no widgets requests from the community (regardless of whether avem's were legit or not) because "we don't have the resources". but no problem implementing the same thing twice. Of course, they ran out of resources when it came to naming their creations...

Forgive me if I sound bitter, but this reminded me of how I lost my perfectly usable system load widget loadout when someone decided to fold everything into a single widget. (And, widgets on the desktop are still not ideal, but I made it work because I have a second monitor.)

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      So, no widgets requests from the community (regardless of whether avem's were legit or not) because "we don't have the resources". but no problem implementing the same thing twice. Of course, they ran out of resources when it came to naming their creations...
      I lol'd :'D

Comment

Oh and avem/bird-whatever, when we prove you wrong you decide to run away and not respond?

Comment

Originally posted by Morty View Post

But you already have that, it launches with kate or kwrite.
          Try opening the about dialog in kwrite, it may give you a clue.
          Sorry about the long reply...PC issues during the holidays and my birthday happened since. I went to reboot from Win10 into Arch and ran into this issue where the installer didn't wipe the previous encrypted boot and GPT...long story short, I'm on now Manjaro rocking an F2FS root...

I know. IIRC all the KDE text editors are based on the same backend as each other. I just don't see the point in having two different generic text editors when all that's necessary is adding a simple mode to Kate and a way to launch it in that mode...and that can basically be done with tweaking two of Kate's settings: disabling the sidebar and enabling the icon toolbar. Kate becomes KWrite with tabs and project support...and project support and be disabled...

Before:
          Kqvi36l.png

After:
          IECgP6o.png

Looking at those before and afters, I don't get the point of KWrite. IMHO, they show that Kate should have an audit of the settings to make them easier, a tick box to show and hide the more advanced settings, and things of that nature.

Comment

Working...
          X