Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Squashes Many "Annoying" Bugs As It Works To Improve The Desktop's Reliability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Squashes Many "Annoying" Bugs As It Works To Improve The Desktop's Reliability.

Phoronix: KDE Squashes Many "Annoying" Bugs As It Works To Improve The Desktop's Reliability.

KDE developers are trying to ensure the reliability of their desktop environment and thus they have recently begun a renewed effort on bug fixing. There is also talk of starting a KDE initiative focused on "15 minute bugs" for "embarrassing" issues that can be easily found within minutes. In any event, this week saw a lot of bug fixing in the KDE world...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm still waiting for the day when KDE will be again at the usability level of KDE 3.5.

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
      I'm still waiting for the day when KDE will be again at the usability level of KDE 3.5.
      It could've happened in 2-3 years but since Qt6 was out a year ago they'll start moving to it relatively soon, thus, no soup for you!!

OTOH I'm tired waiting for it to work on Wayland as well as on X11.

Comment

There are 3 certain things.

Death, taxes and KDE non-stop fixing bugs.

Still a plus.

Comment

- We have 1000 bugs

- We fix 10 of them

- 990 bugs remain

- We add 3 new features

- We have 1200 bugs remain

Comment

I was a KDE 3.5 user, and Plasma 5 has better usability than the old KDE 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post
              There are 3 certain things.

Death, taxes and KDE non-stop fixing bugs.

Still a plus.
              Death, taxes and [put the desktop that you want, cause all of them are software] non-stop fixing bugs

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
                - We have 1000 bugs

- We fix 10 of them

- 990 bugs remain

- We add 3 new features

- We have 1200 bugs remain
                True for all available desktop enviroments

Comment

That day has long happened.

Seems you missed the sun rise. Maybe time to open the curtains?

Comment

Kate has been replaced with KWrite in the default set of favorite apps, since it’s a bit more user-friendly and less programmer-centric (me: Nate Graham, Plasma 5.24)
                    Really? Well fuck me that sucks. Y'all just added a new post-install tweak -- replace KWrite with Kate.

There's a simple reason everyone on Windows installs Notepad++ and it's the same reason we don't use Notepad, Wordpad, or KWrite -- it's because the second you need to do more than simple text editing you realize that all those programs suck and that you need something like Notepad++ or Kate to be productive.

I'd add Gedit to that list but I haven't been able to be productive with Gedit since the GNOME2 days. The Gedit transition from GTK 2 to 3 was too much for me to handle. True story: the Debian Sid update that changed Gedit from GTK2 to 3 is literally the month I switched from Debian to Arch and started desktop and window manager hopping over to KDE...nearly a decade ago. For a little bit I settled on XFCE+KWin until XFCE went an updated to GTK3. Anyhoo, needless to say I have strong feelings about messing with the default text editor. I think a lot of us geeks have hangups on the default text editor.

Vi rules, Emacs sucks, Nano is easy so it's default
                    **ducks, covers, and runs**

Comment

Working...
                    X