Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 6.22 Released With Mono 7.0, Joystick Improvements

Phoronix: Wine 6.22 Released With Mono 7.0, Joystick Improvements

Wine 6.22 is out as the latest bi-weekly development release of this open-source software for running Windows games and applications on Linux and other platforms like macOS and FreeBSD. Wine 6.22 brings more improvements while the Wine 7.0 stable release is inching closer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh please please let's get Fusion 360 working properly and easily. That would eliminate the last remaining reason I have to keep using Windows at all. You would think Autodesk would actually care about supporting Linux, but right now they're still too busy expanding features and business models. If enough people start running on Wine they may finally take notice and make support more official, or at least try to keep it working through the compatibility layer.

Comment

Mono+Wine has never worked for me. Only .NET Framework+Wine has :<

Comment

Wine 7 is near, does that mean PE conversion is almost done? Or that just means yearly version change?

Also seeing autodesk mentioned in article, can we have autocad installation working?

Comment

In my case runs ok with nvidia vulkan driver 470.62.12 on xubuntu 22.04 lts and some .net buttons in launchers works with my royale theme

Last edited by pinguinpc; 19 November 2021, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Advil View Post
            Oh please please let's get Fusion 360 working properly and easily. That would eliminate the last remaining reason I have to keep using Windows at all. You would think Autodesk would actually care about supporting Linux, but right now they're still too busy expanding features and business models. If enough people start running on Wine they may finally take notice and make support more official, or at least try to keep it working through the compatibility layer.
            I have been using AutoCAD lite with Oracle's Virtual Machine from my Debian 11 machine very well. You might try that for Fusion 360? Running Debian 11 and Windows 10 at the same time actually works pretty well no 3d acceleration though, which is fine since I do 2d drafting.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
              In my case runs ok with nvidia vulkan driver 470.62.12 on xubuntu 22.04 lts and some .net buttons in launchers works with my royale theme

Glad to see you doing well! What happened to your "In this wine version" reviews?

Comment

both the headline and this "the Mono implementation has been updated against Mono 7.0" bit aren't really correct. wine-mono is what's updated to 7.0.0, this is a project within wine that borrows code from mono (it is currently tracking the 6.13 dev branch of mono). there isn't even any 7.x branch of mono as such

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Glad to see you doing well! What happened to your "In this wine version" reviews?
                  No seems interesting things but now mono 7 and since some time ago many .net launchers begin work with mono but others have problems like as no open, crashes or suddenly show window error case this

Last edited by pinguinpc; 20 November 2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

No seems interesting things but now mono 7 and since some time ago many .net launchers begin work with mono but others have problems like as no open, crashes or suddenly show window error case this
                    It really doesn't help people like yourself that places like Phoronix and Gaming on Linux cover Wine related things pretty well these days. It's not like before where we had to look for the information from some enthusiast. With the advent of Proton, DXVK, Steam Linux, etc all of that is very well covered everywhere from alternative to mainstream news outlets so everyone who is interested doesn't have to look hard to find out what they need.

Comment

Working...
                    X