Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 97 Beta Released With WebTransport API, HDR Media Queries

Phoronix: Chrome 97 Beta Released With WebTransport API, HDR Media Queries

With Chrome 96 released, Google has now promoted Chrome 97 to beta as the next iteration of their web browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

let's hope Wayland add Color Management and HDR soon by collabora

Comment

What is the state of Ozone to be enabled by default on Wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by ColdDistance View Post
        What is the state of Ozone to be enabled by default on Wayland?
        I am using it and on my PCs it works well, no problem so far, I also enabled hardware acceleration for videos, which has now returned to work also on Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

I am using it and on my PCs it works well, no problem so far, I also enabled hardware acceleration for videos, which has now returned to work also on Wayland.
          But you force the availability of Ozone with additional options, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by ColdDistance View Post

But you force the availability of Ozone with additional options, don't you?
            To use ozone wayland you need to add the flag --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland
            For hardware acceleration for video --enable-features=VaapiVideoDecoder
            If you want both of them
            --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland --enable-features=VaapiVideoDecoder

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

To use ozone wayland you need to add the flag --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland
              For hardware acceleration for video --enable-features=VaapiVideoDecoder
              If you want both of them
              --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland --enable-features=VaapiVideoDecoder
              Thank very much for you replies. I will wait until to see Ozone correctly enabled by default.

Comment

CSS media queries to know if the device's display supports High Dynamic Range (HDR)
                More than a simple yes/no would be useful information to have, right? HDR support on displays varies widely, and something that might look decent on the web designer's display could look absolutely terrible on a user's technically-HDR-capable monitor that really shouldn't be advertised as "HDR."

Comment

Why Chromium based browsers on Linux have a sooo slow crap scroll? Firefox works like a charm on Linux, but Chromium based browsers don't. You need move the mouse scroll thousands times to scroll 1mm of page.

On Windows both works like a charm. I can't understand this, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
                    Firefox works like a charm
                    Firefox has different scroll multipliers, which are marginally higher than Chromium's by default. If you want Chromium to scroll better, then configure your mice using libinput

Comment

Working...
                    X