X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ktecho
    replied
    Originally posted by lorn10 View Post
    ktecho Here is a screenshot of my system, - a quite old iMac12,2. Firefox shows at the corresponding website a CPU load of around 7%.

Screenshot_FF94_fontawesome.png
    Thanks a lot! 7% seems like too much yet for a few icons spinning, but a lot less than mine for sure, on a less powerful system, so I have to look at it again. But I don't know where to look at...

Leave a comment:

• lorn10
    replied
    ktecho Here is a screenshot of my system, - a quite old iMac12,2. Firefox shows at the corresponding website a CPU load of around 7%.

Screenshot_FF94_fontawesome.png
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lorn10; 15 November 2021, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dfyt
    replied
    Originally posted by funforums View Post
    Thank god. I have so many second-monitor issues I am losing my mind, but I need wayland because some applications (mainly games) I run work better in Wayland than X11. I look forward to try the update out.
    Agreed. I try each "release" with Arco but when it comes to > 1 monitor KDE Wayland still has a long way to go. Very buggy to the point logging into X11 afterwards gives huge delays (10s just to login). Uninstalling Wayland session doesn't fix it - have to restore a full timeshift backup. So it makes some changes that affect my X11 sessions.

I'm hopeful though.

Leave a comment:

• ktecho
    replied
    Originally posted by lorn10 View Post
    ktecho I am unable to reproduce a such behavior at any of my Radeon based iMac computer running Firefox 94 (which natively enables EGL also for itself) and Webrender enforced.

This is true for Kubuntu 20.04 LTS with latest HWE kernel stack enabled. I can confirm that kwin works almost perfectly also with EGL. However, this may be different with other drivers like the proprietary Nvidia one. And it looks that also the Intel Mesa drivers may react with kwin & EGL different than the Mesa radeon ones.
    Nah, I tried enabling webrender in Firefox and the problem is still there. I think it's something wrongly configured in Plasma. I think I could try a Live USB with Xubuntu 21.10 or something like that, in order to see if it does the same.

Leave a comment:

• lorn10
    replied
    ktecho I am unable to reproduce a such behavior at any of my Radeon based iMac computer running Firefox 94 (which natively enables EGL also for itself) and Webrender enforced.

This is true for Kubuntu 20.04 LTS with latest HWE kernel stack enabled. I can confirm that kwin works almost perfectly also with EGL. However, this may be different with other drivers like the proprietary Nvidia one. And it looks that also the Intel Mesa drivers may react with kwin & EGL different than the Mesa radeon ones.

shmerl At the moment, KDE uses in conjunction with X11 as default GLX and not EGL. So EGL has to be enforced.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie68
    replied
    Originally posted by Nth_man View Post

Translate.google.com translates that text as:
    Which is quite normal since Wayland in Plasma is still a test session. It would surprise the contrary, because it would signal that no one works in the Wayland session. Among other things, the results are under the eyes of those who want to see them, today if you do not have particular hardware configurations wayland is usable and is also in good condition. I also remember just last year when Wayland tested it and then went back to Xorg, today I use it every day without problems and Xorg practically don't use it anymore.
    Ah! ah! thanks ... I was convinced that I had published the translation.

Leave a comment:

• Nth_man
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

Il che è abbastanza normale dal momento che Wayland in Plasma è ancora una sessione di test. Sorprenderebbe il contrario, perché segnalerebbe che nessuno lavora nella sessione di Wayland. Tra l'altro i risultati sono sotto gli occhi di chi li vuole vedere, oggi se non si hanno particolari configurazioni hardware wayland è utilizzabile ed è anche in buone condizioni. Ricordo anche solo l'anno scorso, quando Wayland l'ho testato e poi sono tornato su Xorg, oggi lo uso tutti i giorni senza problemi e Xorg praticamente non lo uso più.
    Translate.google.com translates that text as:
    Which is quite normal since Wayland in Plasma is still a test session. It would surprise the contrary, because it would signal that no one works in the Wayland session. Among other things, the results are under the eyes of those who want to see them, today if you do not have particular hardware configurations wayland is usable and is also in good condition. I also remember just last year when Wayland tested it and then went back to Xorg, today I use it every day without problems and Xorg practically don't use it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie68
    replied
    Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
    I'm from the future. Next KDE article headline would be "wayland fixes" or something like that
    Il che è abbastanza normale dal momento che Wayland in Plasma è ancora una sessione di test. Sorprenderebbe il contrario, perché segnalerebbe che nessuno lavora nella sessione di Wayland. Tra l'altro i risultati sono sotto gli occhi di chi li vuole vedere, oggi se non si hanno particolari configurazioni hardware wayland è utilizzabile ed è anche in buone condizioni. Ricordo anche solo l'anno scorso, quando Wayland l'ho testato e poi sono tornato su Xorg, oggi lo uso tutti i giorni senza problemi e Xorg praticamente non lo uso più.

Leave a comment:

• ALRBP
    replied
    Originally posted by Yeayo guy View Post

I'm using smplayer (flatpak version) with Plasma 5.23.3 wayland and it works 100%.
    Great ! I'm using the Gentoo ebuild, but I may switch to Flatpak if necessary (I already installed several such packages, and it works well, though this is usually for software not packaged in Gentoo at all).

Leave a comment:

• Yeayo guy
    replied
    Originally posted by ALRBP View Post

+1000
    I will likely switch to Wayland with that (just hope other software, like SMPlayer, won't be too buggy).
    I'm using smplayer (flatpak version) with Plasma 5.23.3 wayland and it works 100%.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X