Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System76 Reportedly Developing Their Own Rust-Written Desktop, Not Based On GNOME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
    I have yet to see a user upset due to my decisions
    because most of the world just ignores you

Comment

• Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
      What you would argue against us, gnome haters, has been kindly confirmed by Gnome itself:
      lol, how can you be so incredibly stupid? the article you quoted explains how gnome decided to solve your exact problem by moving gnome style decisions out of gtk

Comment

• Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
        Gnome is a shitty GUI toolkit that doesn't support the usecase that System76 wants (they wan't to use a different theme because Adwaita is crap)
        moron, they want to use different theme because they are trying to sell their ubuntu reskin by fooling morons like you into believing their ubuntu reskin is something more than ubuntu reskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
          bruh what is with this khrundel guy
          he was looking for third gnome-hating moron in this thread, you

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            it is well known that you post nothing but bullshit
            Oh my...
            You too in recruitment mode?

This is my advice if you like to work for some of this IT companies you should impress those for your resume or actual skills not because you are a rude in a forum; rudeness never fits in any workplace.

Comment

Oh my...
              You too in recruitment mode?

This is my advice if you like to work for some of this IT companies you should impress those for your resume or actual skills not because you are a rude in a forum; rudeness never fits in any workplace.
              Don't pay attention to pal666, if it wasn't obvious he's just the current forum troll. Look in every thread he posts in, all he does is just spam 20 replies in a row with contrarian or vitriolic statements.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                lol, how can you be so incredibly stupid? the article you quoted explains how gnome decided to solve your exact problem by moving gnome style decisions out of gtk
                Let see the magical way of Gnome/GTK of fixing problem, "the gnome way"...

We made an hole (GTK3 + Libhandy) on the wall to go into the magic "GTK Room", we realized this didn't work out very well hence we made a shiny brand new door beside (GTK4 + Libadwaita), however we are not interested to fix the hole but anyone is welcomed to fix it (GTK4 + CSS Theming).
                Nice!
                Last edited by Danielsan; 17 November 2021, 10:41 AM. Reason: fixing typos

Comment

Don't pay attention to pal666, if it wasn't obvious he's just the current forum troll. Look in every thread he posts in, all he does is just spam 20 replies in a row with contrarian or vitriolic statements.
                  I do really believe that a lot of people get really frustrated because they would like to work on certain companies and try desperately any strategies to get visibility, unfortunately this is the wrong way.
                  Last edited by Danielsan; 17 November 2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I do really believe that a lot of people get really frustrated because they would like to work on certain companies and try desperately any strategies to get visibility, unfortunately this is the wrong way.
                    Yeah. It's a shame the Ignore List box in the user settings doesn't seem to do anything. If we don't have proper moderation to deal with this kind of attack on the forum's SNR, it'd be nice if we could at least block it for ourselves.

As-is, all we can do is hold ourselves to a proper standard of discourse and hope that whoever they're trying to attract the attention of is sane so they'll recognize that kind of communication style doesn't speak well for them as an employee on a team.

Comment

bruh what is with this khrundel guy, he's looking to get angry at people he thinks dislike gnome? I've just been skimming through this thread but he's acting like a grade A autist.
                      Trust me. Khrundel gives people on the autism spectrum a bad name.

Comment

Working...
                      X