Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LXQt 1.0 Released For Lightweight Qt5 Desktop

Phoronix: LXQt 1.0 Released For Lightweight Qt5 Desktop

After eight years in development, the LXQt desktop that was created by the merging of the LXDE and Razor-qt open-source desktop projects is celebrating its v1.0 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

party is over

go back to port it to Qt 6.0 ASAP

Comment

It would be nice to finally see a Qt 6 desktop...

Comment

I am a bit confused, where did they release 1.0? Their site still seems to indicate 0.17.1 from April.

Also, is this the right source repo? https://github.com/lxqt/lxqt

It looks like it hasnt seen really any activity in the last 3 - 5 years!
        Last edited by zexelon; 05 November 2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

It seems very strange after all these years they didn't a little more time to start this on Qt6. And a little worrisome, considering at this point Qt6 is mostly about removing deprecated stuff from Qt5.

Comment

I've mostly seen it on OpenSUSE, where it feels a little buggy and incomplete, if I'm honest. Is it better on other distros?

Comment

The killer app of LXDE is that it allowed me to run a full desktop environment on my 2GB Pi4. Now that LXQt is out at 1.0, would be interested to see some memory usage benchmarks under different loads.

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
                I am a bit confused, where did they release 1.0? Their site still seems to indicate 0.17.1 from April.

Also, is this the right source repo? https://github.com/lxqt/lxqt

It looks like it hasnt seen really any activity in the last 3 - 5 years!
                It is the right repo, but it's not where things happen. From the beginning of the readme:
                This is a superproject which contains all LXQt components. After checking out this repo please do the following to initialize git submodules.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                  I've mostly seen it on OpenSUSE, where it feels a little buggy and incomplete, if I'm honest. Is it better on other distros?
                  I used to try it on Arch a couple years ago but pretty much every other Qt update caused something to break, so, I'd say it likely isn't better on most other distros.

Comment

Did they fix that all panel icons and text seemed a little bit unaligned?

I like the idea of lxqt, but couldn't use it that way

Comment

Working...
                    X