Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.23 Released In Marking 25 Years Of KDE

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.23 Released In Marking 25 Years Of KDE

KDE Plasma 5.23 is officially out this morning as the newest major open-source desktop release and is known now as the KDE 25th Anniversary Edition...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, all I can honestly say of the message at 1:09 of the video is:

Comment

Happy anniversary !
      And many many thanks to its developers who really listen and communicate with the users !
      I wish it will get more users and developers in the future !
      I think KDE Plasma is the only DE capable of solving the fragmentation problem that hurts Linux's adoption.

Comment

21 years with Linux as daily driver and somehow I come always back to KDE as I'm right now on KDE Plasma Version 5.21.4 - Happy anniversary and a big thank you to all contributors!

Comment

Happy to celebrate the anniversary. Thanks and best wishes to all. As for this version of Plasma, I am very satisfied, I have been testing it on Tumbleweed since the beta and today the final version has arrived. Good job. Who is trying or will try it, I recommend switching to the new "Window overview" (I don't know if the translation is faithful, but you can find it in effect desktop) from what I understand the default setting still uses the old, but the new It is much better. Wayland for me is now in place, perfectly usable, I state that I do not use dual monitors or strange settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
            Happy anniversary !
            And many many thanks to its developers who really listen and communicate with the users !
            I wish it will get more users and developers in the future !
            I think KDE Plasma is the only DE capable of solving the fragmentation problem that hurts Linux's adoption.
            The funnniest thing about every fragmentation witnesses is that you realy think you will decide and everyone will obey. What if your "One kernel, one DE, one distro" moto will be fullfilled as Redhat+Gnome+Systemd everywhere?

Comment

Eewwwww "Redhat+Gnome+Systemd" not even as a joke sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
                I state that I do not use dual monitors
                That's still the main pain point unfortunately, but let's not complain about it today and let's just celebrate the 25 years
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Thanks to all the developers, contributors and supporters of KDE! I've been using KDE Plasma for some years now and I couldn't be happier! Keep up the good work!

Comment

And it's still ugly as hell by default. How difficult is it for KDE devs to create a nice and polished default theme? They invest a lot in bug fixes, new features, new functions etc, but they forget about the interface theme.

EDIT: ops...

Last edited by Mario Junior; 14 October 2021, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X