X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termy
    replied
    Originally posted by tornado99 View Post
    "optional new UI" is that a joke? The 7 options are just rearrangements of the same 1990s dated interface.
    Dated but usable - quite the opposite to for example ms office.
    Personally, i know which combination of "dated/"modern" " and "usable/UX-nightmare" i prefer

Leave a comment:

• tornado99
    replied
    "optional new UI" is that a joke? The 7 options are just rearrangements of the same 1990s dated interface.

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    Originally posted by rmfx View Post
    Why do they need multiple toolkits?
    Just stick with one and make a look that sticks across the multiple OS (like Blender)...

Anyway, this project is such a waste.
    A decade it's been created to improve over OOo and a decade later, it's still is OOo by 99 percent, same UI, same perf, same issues, same too big code base...
    do you even use it? sounds like you are talking nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• alcalde
    replied
    Originally posted by rmfx View Post
    Just stick with one and make a look that sticks across the multiple OS (like Blender)...

A decade it's been created to improve over OOo and a decade later, it's still is OOo by 99 percent, same UI, same perf, same issues, same too big code base...
    What the heck are you talking about? The number of commits have been massive; it's OpenOffice where development has stalled. They did add a new optional UI, significant new features, better performance, and cleaned up the code base.

Leave a comment:

• rmfx
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MadeUpName
    replied
    I hope this isn't their plan for fixing the micro font problem on Wayland when using KDE.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    But how is the GTK4 work coming along?

Leave a comment:

• cochise
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    Anyway, I love their multiplatform approach.
    Would it be feasible to use VCL for apps outside the LibreOffice umbrella?
    If you are willing to write a separate backend for each platform, yes, you can wirte the interface using the generic VCL and a lot of different rendering paths. And create custom widgets for each platform if needed.

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    Who uses Qt6?

Anyway, I love their multiplatform approach.

Would it be feasible to use VCL for apps outside the LibreOffice umbrella?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic LibreOffice Lands Initial Code For Qt6 Toolkit Support

LibreOffice Lands Initial Code For Qt6 Toolkit Support

Phoronix: LibreOffice Lands Initial Code For Qt6 Toolkit Support

Merged this morning into the LibreOffice code-base is the initial Qt6 VCL plug-in...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X