Chrome 94 Released With WebGPU For Testing, WebCodecs API Now Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post

I don't understand the insults, I gave you the correct answer. Yeah, really, stop quoting me as well, thank you very much.

Speaking of "no one respects me online" - maybe it's just you and some rabid open source fans.
    Oh, is that right? I asked a legitimate question and you answered with "Living sober is not that bad."

Probably upset the pothead is smarter than you. I'd be upset, too.

Take care. Won't humor you anymore or acknowledge your existence, bud bud.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Oh, is that right? I asked a legitimate question and you answered with "Living sober is not that bad."

Probably upset the pothead is smarter than you. I'd be upset, too.

Take care. Won't humor you anymore or acknowledge your existence, bud bud.
      Oh, god, I tried to play around with your nickname for Christ's sake. Why are you so salty?? Again, please stop quoting me. You've now insulted me three times for no effing reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Oh, god, I tried to play around with your nickname for Christ's sake. Why are you so salty?? Again, please stop quoting me. You've now insulted me three times for no effing reasons.
        Unfortunately, people intoxicated to the point where they are always high in the clouds are usually incapable of seeing the ground even when their faces are smashed against it.

Comment

Wouldn't doubt for a second if birdie and Sonadow are the same person. Maybe even debianxfce, too.

You guys are so sad. It's honestly beneath me to go back and forth with two pathetic losers on Michael's website, so I won't do it. Have a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Isn't it clear?

Most distributions ship libva with EGL and GLX enabled. The manual says that if libva is desired, it must first be built without EGL and GLX support. So a user must first create a libva build without EGL and GLX, overwritting the distrbution-provided libva. This is the first build of libva, to be made against the existing Mesa version.

Next, the updated version of Mesa must be built and installed.

Finally, libva must be built again, this time against the updated Mesa and with EGL and GLX support enabled, to overwrite the first build of libva sans EGL and GLX support. This clearly is a complete rebuild of libva.

And since there is no guarantee that other applications or libraries that are built against the original distribution-provided libva will still work against the rebuilt libva, the only real assurance is to rebuild them against this rebuilt libva. The LFS manual even states this clearly in the libva section: https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blf...ver.html#libva

This is way too much effort for too little payoff.
            ABI is not broken with mesa update, it just means that if you installed libva before mesa, to get GLX and EGL support you'd need to rebuild it. It just one of complications of living with source-based distro. No package based distro I know update libva with each mesa update.

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post

ABI is not broken with mesa update, it just means that if you installed libva before mesa, to get GLX and EGL support you'd need to rebuild it. It just one of complications of living with source-based distro. No package based distro I know update libva with each mesa update.
              Exactly, I was about to write the same. That dance only needs to be done on the first installation.

Comment

Originally posted by evasb View Post
                Still no VAAPI.

Sadly, I'm still forced to have Chromium as a fallback because it is now the new IE and some sites just refuse to work correctly on Firefox.
                Or you could install Falkon. 100% FOSS and free of spyware, but the same rendering engine as Chromium. I use Falkon as my main browser nowadays and it's a fantastic browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Or you could install Falkon. 100% FOSS and free of spyware, but the same rendering engine as Chromium. I use Falkon as my main browser nowadays and it's a fantastic browser.
                  Falkon uses QtWebEngine that is based on and has the same Chromium problem with VAAPI.

PS: I mean, the lack of GPU acceleration could not be a total dealbreaker for some, but I use laptops too, and I don't like to see my laptop in high temps just playing a 1440p video. I want to use the same browser in all devices to use its sync capabilities.
                  Last edited by evasb; 22 September 2021, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evasb View Post

Falkon uses QtWebEngine that is based on and has the same Chromium problem with VAAPI.
                    You were talking about some sites not working in Firefox, not VAAPI. For that I presented Falkon as a better solution than Chromium.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

You were talking about some sites not working in Firefox, not VAAPI. For that I presented Falkon as a better solution than Chromium.
                      Oh, maybe as a fallback can be a pretty good alternative indeed. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X