Chrome 94 Released With WebGPU For Testing, WebCodecs API Now Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 94 Released With WebGPU For Testing, WebCodecs API Now Official

Phoronix: Chrome 94 Released With WebGPU For Testing, WebCodecs API Now Official

Chrome 94 is available today as another exciting update for Google's web browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still no VAAPI.

Sadly, I'm still forced to have Chromium as a fallback because it is now the new IE and some sites just refuse to work correctly on Firefox.
    Last edited by evasb; 21 September 2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evasb View Post
      Still no VAAPI.

Sadly, I'm still forced to have Chromium as a fallback because it is now the new IE and some sites just refuse to work correctly on Firefox.
      Really? What sites is Firefox having trouble with? Curious

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Really? What sites is Firefox having trouble with? Curious
        Open about:compat in Firefox and see for yourself. Living sober is not that bad.

Comment

VAAPI is just borked depending on the hardware. none of my older intel laptops work with it. but brave browser works fine.

Comment

How to test WebGPU?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Open about:compat in Firefox and see for yourself. Living sober is not that bad.
              Presumably any sites in that list are fixed, right? And not having any problems or forcing someone to use a different browser.

Comment

I checked all of the websites - they all appear to render well and the issues listed are fixed.

Comment

You're an absolute prick. And to think, I was thinking to myself "Man, birdie has been posting awesome shit lately."

Loser in life and not a single soul respects you online. Try way harder and never quote me again. Not interested in anything you have to say.

Comment

You win one internetz for today!

Comment

Working...
                    X