No announcement yet.

HarfBuzz 3.0 Released With Unicode 14.0 Support, More APIs Considered Stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It breaks Qt5. libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5 undefined symbol: hb_subset_input_set_drop_hints

Comment

I think the Unicode Consortorium needs to be replaced or disbanded, it is just sad what it has come to.
      The new emojis like pregnant man is just ridiculous and serves no real purpose other than propaganda and ideology. They already have woman with beard, so what's next? Fire fighter in wheelchair? Parachute jumper in wheelchair? Woman with a penis?

Mean while meaningful emojis are still missing such as raspberry.

Comment

Can I compile HarfBuzz 3.0 manually on e.g. Ubuntu 20.04 without breaking stuff?
        Last edited by Vistaus; 22 September 2021, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I think the Unicode Consortorium needs to be replaced or disbanded, it is just sad what it has come to.
          The new emojis like pregnant man is just ridiculous and serves no real purpose other than propaganda and ideology. They already have woman with beard, so what's next? Fire fighter in wheelchair? Parachute jumper in wheelchair? Woman with a penis?

Mean while meaningful emojis are still missing such as raspberry.
          We could have millions of niche emoji if Unicode opened the floodgates and created new modifiers to work with the zero width joiner. Then just let the companies decide if they want to design each one by hand or use AI to mash them up.

Comment

Working...
          X