GNOME 41 Release Candidate Arrives With Many Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomas View Post

As have been stated on numerous occasions before, we can in fact know for sure that there are more users of Epiphany than its developers. Since the maintainers of Epiphany work for the for-profit software consultancy and development company Igalia:
    And people on here keep saying GNOME developers aren't getting paid for their work… well, guess their bubble is burst now that you're saying there are at least *some* paid maintainers working on Epiphany.

Comment

Epiphany is preinstalled on my computer. It looks nice, but very little works. No PWA. No wasm. Games run slow - does it have GPU enabled? I don't look at web pages and say 'Hey, I bet this would run great in Epiphany'. I just keep used my default browser for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

And people on here keep saying GNOME developers aren't getting paid for their work… well, guess their bubble is burst now that you're saying there are at least *some* paid maintainers working on Epiphany.
        That is a straw man. I never claimed that no one gets paid for their work on Gnome apps. It's a mix of volonteers and corporate support. As often is the case with an open source community project.

Comment

Comment

I was a great fan of Epiphany while still based on XUL and Gecko, when it switched to GtkWebKit it almost became useless, however ironically is one of the few valid alternatives to Chrome & derivates excluding FF.
            Last edited by Danielsan; 09 September 2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Sadly it doesn't look like there's any progress with the 3-year old bug where you can't drag-drop files from file-roller to Nautilus.

Might just end up making the switch to KDE, their progress with Wayland has been impressive, and Dolphin is so much better than Nautilus.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Fox View Post

There are plenty of sane GNOME users who don't pollute KDE threads, even when they feel it's unfair (i.e. KDE fanboys shitting on GNOME in every GNOME news thread). Please be a kind human being, block the trolls and don't act like them. There's a high portion of good stuff coming from you specifically so I don't want to follow my own advice in this case.
                Sorry. Moment of weakness after seeing it again and again and again.

Has Phoronix added a blocking feature that I missed? I know people were complaining about the lack of kill files for a while but I never saw mention of it having been remedied.

Comment

Originally posted by White Wolf View Post

The same with KDE fanboys, both of you should use Budgie as it's the best DE out there. If you want to be productive you go Budgie!
                  Originally posted by Wikipedia
                  Budgie applications generally use GTK and header bars similar to GNOME applications.
                  I'll pass, but thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Hopes Gnome will work great with alternate init systems. I'm using Devuan also and they don't even mention about Gnome as they seems to think it is entangled with systemd direct/indirect dependencies. BTW, Devuan Beowulf has an ancient Gnome-3.30 which works all fine, thanks to elogind,eudev.

Comment

Looking forward to trying this asap.
                      Last edited by krzyzowiec; 10 September 2021, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X