• Time
  • Show
Clear All

>release the iso of rc
    >doesn't work
    bravo

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      The GNOME Web / Epiphany 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% worldwide users are very happy.
      aye, both of them are happy

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

That's less than 1 people. So are you saying nobody uses it?
        You forgot about its developers
        I assume the devs use different browsers most of the time to see which features to copy (and in most cases which features to ignore), and start epiphany just to test things.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

A more accurate representation of the discussion would be to say Wayland implementation in KDE was less robust than GNOME in the past and recent releases have closed that gap. I am sure you are aware of that.
          I'm a KDE+nVidia+X11 user who's fed up with pro-GNOME fanboys non-productively ragging on KDE every thread they can.

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzler View Post

I assume the devs use different browsers most of the time to see which features to copy (and in most cases which features to ignore), and start epiphany just to test things.
            As have been stated on numerous occasions before, we can in fact know for sure that there are more users of Epiphany than its developers. Since the maintainers of Epiphany work for the for-profit software consultancy and development company Igalia:

Igalia is the top consultancy in open source browsers, with the most expertise found in the consulting business. We play an essential role in several open web platform projects such as **Chromium/Blink, WebKit (WPE & WebKitGTK), Firefox and Servo**.

​​​​​​
            So it is incorrect to assume that their resources could somehow be "redirected" to work on something else that "random gnome user" think is more important. They have a commercial interest in working on Epiphany. As long as that commercial interest remains, Igalia will continue to sponsor its development. Easy as that.
            Last edited by tomas; 09 September 2021, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomas View Post
              They have a commercial interest in working on Epiphany...
              So exactly where is it commercially used you might ask?

I don't know since that information is not public. But the following paragraph from their website might give us a hint:

In addition to our work in web engines, we have considerable experience in creating, maintaining, and optimizing browsers to meet the tough requirements of embedded devices.
              Last edited by tomas; 09 September 2021, 02:34 AM.

Comment

I've found this repo for 41 pre for Arch Linux: https://gitlab.com/fabis_cafe/gnome-...gnome-unstable
                Is there a PPA for Ubuntu available?

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

I'm a KDE+nVidia+X11 user who's fed up with pro-GNOME fanboys non-productively ragging on KDE every thread they can.
                  The same with KDE fanboys, both of you should use Budgie as it's the best DE out there. If you want to be productive you go Budgie!

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

But... but... I thought only kwin_wayland had crashes and missing features! Wasn't Mutter supposed to be the one that was perfect aside from needing performance optimization?
                    It's not perfect but it's still 10x times better unfortunately
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

A more accurate representation of the discussion would be to say Wayland implementation in KDE was less robust than GNOME in the past and recent releases have closed that gap. I am sure you are aware of that.
                      The gap is so closed that you can't even detach your external screen (or let it go into power saving mode) without crashing the whole compositor...
                      ## VGA ##
                      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                      X