X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black_Fox
    replied
    Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

I'm a KDE+nVidia+X11 user who's fed up with pro-GNOME fanboys non-productively ragging on KDE every thread they can.
    There are plenty of sane GNOME users who don't pollute KDE threads, even when they feel it's unfair (i.e. KDE fanboys shitting on GNOME in every GNOME news thread). Please be a kind human being, block the trolls and don't act like them. There's a high portion of good stuff coming from you specifically so I don't want to follow my own advice in this case.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by nabero View Post

I think those crashes only happen when broken KDE apps are used under Gnome.
    Well, apps like OBS Studio also disable Wayland portal support by default when run on GNOME.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by S.Pam View Post
    Hopefully a fix to make Gnome Photos usable on large quantities of photos.
    The file manager is still unusable for folders with lots of pictures. Rendering the preview of each picture will adjust the scroll bar position. So annoying.

Leave a comment:

• nabero
    replied

But... but... I thought only kwin_wayland had crashes and missing features! Wasn't Mutter supposed to be the one that was perfect aside from needing performance optimization?
    I think those crashes only happen when broken KDE apps are used under Gnome.

Leave a comment:

• q2dg
    replied
    I just want Gnome Boxes to let me make bridged networks. Just that

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    - GNOME Settings Daemon will now automatically enable the power-saver platform profile when running low on battery.
    - GNOME Settings Daemon will also now dim the screen quicker by default to save power.
    A welcome improvment.

- Mutter has a number of fixes, including crash fixes. Plus Mutter brings better auto-rotation support and various low-level improvements.
    That is an overdue for convertible devices considering the regression on version 40 compared 3.38. Current workaround was the use of add-ons that reverted the change. Will try once Fedora 35 Beta get updated.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

A more accurate representation of the discussion would be to say Wayland implementation in KDE was less robust than GNOME in the past and recent releases have closed that gap. I am sure you are aware of that.
    The gap is so closed that you can't even detach your external screen (or let it go into power saving mode) without crashing the whole compositor...

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied

But... but... I thought only kwin_wayland had crashes and missing features! Wasn't Mutter supposed to be the one that was perfect aside from needing performance optimization?
    It's not perfect but it's still 10x times better unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• White Wolf
    replied

I'm a KDE+nVidia+X11 user who's fed up with pro-GNOME fanboys non-productively ragging on KDE every thread they can.
    The same with KDE fanboys, both of you should use Budgie as it's the best DE out there. If you want to be productive you go Budgie!

Leave a comment:

• lumks
    replied
    I've found this repo for 41 pre for Arch Linux: https://gitlab.com/fabis_cafe/gnome-...gnome-unstable
    Is there a PPA for Ubuntu available?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X