Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Resolution Scrolling On Linux Progressing, Apple Magic Mouse Support In Linux 5.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody should write a scrolling momentum library to complement this, before we end up with 100 separate config files and algorithms.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
      Somebody should write a scrolling momentum library to complement this, before we end up with 100 separate config files and algorithms.
      I am afraid Chrome and Firefox already have their own implementations for this.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post

I am afraid Chrome and Firefox already have their own implementations for this.
        I don't think so, I've used both with XI2 and neither has any momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbine View Post
          They need to allow you to adjust scrolling sensitivity. I cannot use desktop Linux because my expensive mouse's scrollwheel requires an insane amount of scroll to move down the page.
          Yeah, been there. Also with mice require setting the sens and accel to values that no DE supports via GUI. (Because Hutterer decided X's accel code was broken (which it absolutely was) and he could do better (which he apparently couldn't). Oh well...)

Funily enough, various other libinput changes over the years, combined with a massive bug in GTK3, mean that about half the mousewheel events on GTK3-based systems just get dropped and lost anyway, which makes the "high-end mousewheel" problem even worse.

Comment

Working...
          X