KDE Plasma 5.23 Will Be Another Exciting Release With Many Improvements Abound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    ngraham Sorry for the ping raid, but do you for instance know if there's been news from the inert scrolling front?
    Nothing to report.

Comment

Exciting release? Really? https://community.kde.org/index.php?...d_Showstoppers

It would be great if they fixed the layout restore. As it is, KDE can't even remember on which monitor my 11 Firefox windows were (hint: all on one monitor) and sometimes decides to restore one window on the other monitor. Logging into Wayland and then back into X is guaranteed to lose my Konsole instance.

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post
        Running KDE with 3 displays (2x24" 1440p+32" 4k) was a pain. KWin didn't respect layout set in KDE settings and in X11 at all. I haven't tried if things become better with Wayland though.
        GNOME is better with such setup even if it places windows outside of view port, funny enough all wrongly placed windows are pure GNOME's apps
        Which version of PLASMA?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Amazing to hear!

I wonder when is Breeze or Oxygen going to support Qt 6.
          ny guess after QT6.2 LTS

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

Which version of PLASMA?
            5.22, latest Fedora's build in 34's repos.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post
              Nothing to report.
              Thanks for the info though!

Comment

Everytime a new release comes out I check Kwin wayland if chromium launches and looks right under HiDPI, if video acceleration works and if smplayer renders correctly without creating a separate window
                I switch back to X pretty quickly

Comment

Nate missed my 5.23 favorite feature: middle click buffer sync between Wayland and Xwayland. It is a must have fix for anyone using chrome and konsole in a ice Wayland session. https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=422426

Edit: he didn't. It was last week news.
                  Last edited by luizluca; 31 August 2021, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Plasma gives me the almost perfect desktop, even under Wayland right now except for one glaring issue: there's no way to tell apps what monitor to open on. Even trying to use window rules in the settings fails. Everything opens on my left monitor, and not my right (main) one. This is especially frustrating with krunner (since I have to turn my head every time I search something) and games, since fullscreen windows that grab your cursor are a pain in the ass to move to the correct monitor. One game kept moving back to the left monitor 5 minutes into playing and I had to give up on it.

Please, please, please KDE team, return the idea of a "main" monitor to Wayland somehow.

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                    Everytime a new release comes out I check Kwin wayland if chromium launches and looks right under HiDPI, if video acceleration works and if smplayer renders correctly without creating a separate window
                    I switch back to X pretty quickly
                    Have you tried KWinFT yet? I'm about to, and since it uses wlroots for some Wayland related things I'm expecting it to work a lot better on Wayland than normal KWin does.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                      Plasma gives me the almost perfect desktop, even under Wayland right now except for one glaring issue: there's no way to tell apps what monitor to open on. Even trying to use window rules in the settings fails. Everything opens on my left monitor, and not my right (main) one. This is especially frustrating with krunner (since I have to turn my head every time I search something) and games, since fullscreen windows that grab your cursor are a pain in the ass to move to the correct monitor. One game kept moving back to the left monitor 5 minutes into playing and I had to give up on it.

Please, please, please KDE team, return the idea of a "main" monitor to Wayland somehow
                      You mean that?

Granted, this was from my X11-session as I am currently in the middle of something and could not switch over.

Does the Wayland-session not have this?

Comment

Working...
                      X